“Road bike rental”

Algonquin Outfitters Outdoor Adventure Store
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Historic downtown Huntsville is home to our largest retail location, with three floors of great gear and clothing for outdoor adventure. Backing onto the beautiful Muskoka River, our Huntsville store offers an amazing retail experience. Primarily a specialty outdoor store, with the emphasis on camping equipment, paddle sports, bikes, Nordic skis, snowshoes, and outdoor clothing and footwear. In the summer, the Huntsville store also offers canoe rentals and some outfitting services. This store also carries the region's largest selection of surfwear, water sports (wakeboards, waterskis, towables and water trampolines) and winter sports (alpine skis, snowboards and winter clothing).
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Rented a road bike for a long weekend.
Service by the staff was professional and kind, with quick e-mail response and helpful phone service beforehand.
The bikes are in very good condition, and next to the helmet enought stuff is included to help you with small problems on a road like a flat tire.
I would recommend you bring your own pedals and cycling shoes, as the bike is equipped with flat pedals - and you will like to be clicked in on the hilly roads. The staff were happy to put my pedals on as part of the service.
They have maps to get you started on route selection, although I would recommend loading your route into an app like strava or bikegpx.

In short: good value, great service and a fantastic environment to ride a bike!

AORandy, Marketing Manager at Algonquin Outfitters Outdoor Adventure Store, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hey Timo, nice to see you again and another great 5 Star review from you. We're going to start to think you like us or something. Glad you had a great ride on the long weekend, I love the fact that you took the time to really write a review that would provide some great information and help others seeking to do the same. Thanks again, hope to see you back soon. ~ Randy M

All reviews
"shop"
"camping"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed October 15, 2017

I rented kayaks with a friend during the summertime and paddled around for a few hours. Fun activity for a couple of hours on a nice summer day. Make sure you ask the employees which way to paddle since you might have a hard time coming back if you start by going downstream.

The two young guys working there were really nice and helpful.

Just an unrelated side note, some of the residents on the shoreline need to ease up and find something better to do than people watch all day. If you are so worried about people stopping at your floating dock put a private property sign on it.

Thanks for your great review Anne. For those asking, upstream is to the left or west from the store. The Muskoka River that runs through downtown Huntsville doesn't usually have much of a current but after a good rain or in the spring it can move along a little quicker, so we would almost always suggest heading upstream as a first paddle from our dock. ~ Randy M

Reviewed September 26, 2017

Visit this this outdoor equipment store every time we are in the area. It has a wide variety of outdoor related items including camping related summer and winter clothes, equipment for biking, swimming, skiing, camping and much much more... Outback you can also rent canoes & kayaks, paddle boats and bikes for a leisurely afternoon. Staff are very helpful and friendly.

Thanks for the great 5 Star review Bob. I'm sure other readers will find your review informative and helpful. ~ Randy M

Reviewed July 11, 2017

My wife and I were on holiday in the Algonquin area of Ontario Canada during June 2017. I had a major issue with an item of clothing that I had brought with me from the UK. I hoped the shop could resolve the problem with an 'off the shelf' solution, however this was not possible and I was about to leave the shop disappointed. However, Lynn Mitson, the person in charge of the shop that day said, "I think I can fix that for you". She guided me down to the workshop and after half an hour the problem was fixed, and no charge. We were only too pleased to buy some items from the shop in thanks. Lynn exuded a typical display of Canadian hospitality for which I was very grateful. Shop at Algonquin Outfitters and you will be guaranteed excellent service.

AORandy, Marketing Manager at Algonquin Outfitters Outdoor Adventure Store, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Tony thanks for dropping in to our humble shop on your visit to the Algonquin area. I'm very happy that Lynn was able to fix your problem while we were here and you were able to continue to enjoy your visit to Canada.

If you're ever back in the area again we'd love to see you and your wife's smiling faces once more. You never know maybe you'll come for a backcountry canoe trip with us next time and experience some of the beautiful wilderness Algonquin Park offers.

Hope you have a safe trip back to the UK, glad we could help fix your little problem.

~ Randy M