“Another Great Night's Sleep”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Ontario
“Another Great Night's Sleep”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I have been using Holiday Inn Expresses when I can and they really are top notch. Clean, updated, friendly staff - very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Matthew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Sahayoga:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations on your stay! I truly am very lucky to have such a strong team here as they make all the difference! They really are second to none!

Please let me know if and when you are returning to the area so I can personally make your reservation for you - and as a thank you I'd love to offer oyu a complimentary upgrade to make your next stay just as memorable.

Matthew Phillips

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Eastbourne East Sussex England
Reviewed 23 March 2012

In February 2011 spent one night before a dog sledding adventure and one night after. Excellent service throughout, basic but very enjoyable buffet breakfast. Very clean rooms on both stays - to have a wonderful powerful shower on the return from the wilds of Algonquin Park was absolute bliss, replacing "eau de chien (husky dogs)" with "eau de toilette"!!!! Very friendly informative staff. Close to good facilities.and just across the way from an excellent diner. If I manage another sledding trip next year will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Dear Pitch69:

Thank you for your great review! I appreciate it very much when guests like yourself take the time to write positive feedback for us! In today's day in age we are conditioned to great service and great product so I find we don't take the time to write positive reviews as often. I am very fortunate however as we continue to see one positive review after another!

Without sounding like a broken record with my responses once again I have to give full credit to my staff. The housekeeping team here at this hotel is one of the best I have ever worked with and constantly wow our guests, and the Front Desk team are some of the happiest people I could hope for to be on our front desk!

Please do let me know when you are returning to the area and I'd love to make your reservation for you personally and as I always do - offer all trip advisor reviewers a free complimentary upgrade on your next stay!

Thanks again,

Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Nice new hotel, nice pool, normal HI express breakfast. This hotel is often very busy on the weekends, which can make breakfast a stressful, difficult experience. I do stay here often though. – 7/10

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Just returned from an awesome stay at the Holiday Inn Express Huntsville. We were greeted upon check-in by Blaire, who treated us like old friends. Excellent customer service, she answered our questions and made some great suggestions on activities in town. We enjoyed the pool and fitness centre. The rooms were nice and our request for extra pillows was answered in a very timely manner (again by Blaire, maybe they cloned her, it was that fast.) I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the rear of the hotel for a better view.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank MMA_Dad
Matthew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear MMA_Dad:

I want to first thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback! It means a great deal to me and to the staff! Speaking of staff we are very lucky to have Blaire on our team! She is one of our shining stars indeed! I have printed this review off and will add it to her annual review! I'm thrilled that you were made to feel like old friends when staying here as that is our ultimate goal - to make you feel at home when away from home! Without sounding repetitive in my responses I like to offer all guests that have posted their feedback the opportunity to contact me directly so I can personally make your next reservation for you and if available upgrade your room! Simply contact me at 1-705-788-9500. Thanks again for your feedback and Happy Travels!

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Great experience and it was perfect for us. Check in was all organized when we arrived and the guest services agent was attentive and friendly. The rooms are new and spacious and clean with all amenities. Hot breakfast was great and well presented. Hot Coffee was always on and every time we entered the hotel we were greeted and welcomed by any staff. Ample free parking. The Muskokas is a very nice area with first snow fall, which we enjoyed. All in all the facility was great and we will return.

Room Tip: King corner facing east
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Colleagus:

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your wonderful feedback on your stay! Our team strives very hard to make each guest feel like they're at home when staying with us, and we try to provide the best product to our guests. By the sounds of your review we exceeded your expectations! Should you wish to return, please contact me directly at 1-705-788-9500 and provide me with the details of your last stay, and I'd be happy to book your reservation for you personally and upgrade your room if available!

Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Just a stopover in Huntsville for one night! We were a little worried when we entered our room and there was a used towel on the vanity , as well as garbage in the wastebasket :( My friend went down to the desk and we were moved to a fresh room immediately! The room was lovely, and very clean - we had a very good nights sleep before getting back on the road! As well a very enjoyable and "spotless" breakfast!
The only alarming thing was when we went to check out, we mentioned to the manager on duty about the "dirty" room, and her response was "Uh huh." Really - you don't feel the need to explain or apologize??
Anyway - overall a really nice experience - just odd customer service skills!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Matthew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Dear Marebo:

Thank you very much for your feedback and positive review! I am the new General Manager for the property and am very pleased you were happy with your stay. I sincerely apologize for the confusion on the first room you were issued, as there was obviously an error made on the status of that room. I am very happy to hear our Guest Services Team took good care of you right away and make your stay a positive one. I will follow up with the Manager on Duty that was on shift when you departed as the least we could have done was apologize! Please feel free to contact me directly at 1-888-297-5979 and provide me with your reservation details and I'd be more than happy to offer you a complimentary upgrade on your next stay with us!

Thanks again,

Toronto
Reviewed 14 October 2011

So everyone loves this hotel and to be honest it's nice. It's a clean, quiet newer looking hotel the rooms are similar to a Sheraton .Now don't get me wrong it's a nice hotel but it's not a resort like Deerhurst but compared to other chain motels it's very nice and comfortable the room comparable to a 4 star hotel . The employees are helpful and pleasant and it includes Breakfast. The breakfast is good we stayed two days and first morning they had mini pre-made omelettes ,sausage patties , toast, cinnamon buns , muffins, cereal , yogurts hard boiled eggs, coffee juices etc. Second day included bacon yea!! The hotel has a small indoor pool good for a quick swim or soak but not good if your training for the Olympics, hey who needs to do laps and vacation!!! No change room or hot tub. They had a nice workout room, business center and wifi included!! Yes got to keep up with my facebook! Be aware you will be in a business area with Wal-Mart, restaurants and grocery stores across the street. If you want a more nature feel ask for a room facing the back there is a forested area and a small pond. Take advantage of the stores to purchase pre-made sandwiches if you plane to roam around or head to Arrowhead Provincial Park or Algonquin Park (You must take time to go to Algonquin if you have not been). If you go to Algonquin fill up in Huntsville because it’s about 45 min drive to the park and the road in Algonquin runs 50km and there are not many gas stations on the way and only 1 pump in the park and it’s pricy and not always open . The park will cost you 16 dollars to go in. Over all this hotel is a nice place to stay but a little pricey if you ask me . Huntsville town center is about a 10 min drive away .

Room Tip: take a room facing the back if you want a view of the woods and pond.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Alexcc:

What a compliment to be compared to a 4 star hotel! This is just validation for my team that we are exceeding the expectations of you our valued guests! Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and to be so thorough with your feedback. I’m happy you enjoyed the full complimentary hot breakfast – we try to offer a variety of hot items for guests like yourselves staying multiple days. If you stayed with us close to the time of your review being posted here, it was during our peak season as we are in a resort town and close to Algonquin. This would explain the rates being slightly more than what you had anticipated. October is very busy with tourists vying to catch a glimpse of the brilliant change in colours with the fall leaves. Given we are not a full resort we price ourselves much much less and are very competitive in the marketplace. Again I want to thank you for your review and look forward to having you return in the future. If you do return please contact myself directly at 1-888-297-5979 and provide me the details of your last stay and I’d be happy to personally assist you with your booking.

Matthew Phillips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
0.1 km away
7.6 km away
Deerhurst Resort
Deerhurst Resort
#3 of 18 in Huntsville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville? Share your experiences!