“Laid back relaxing and close to everything”
Review of Cranberry Resort

Cranberry Resort
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We Have been at cranberry celebrating my 30th bday we had guests in on the weekend it was a great time 12 in total and we were accomodated well lots of space amoungst both condos.Staff was accomodating with towels n bedding and we enjoyed the cooks jamming in the lobby after there shift.Pool and hot tub have been great arcade was fun for the little people and Our time spent has been cozy we return every year u can't beat the price.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cranberry Resort

Reviewed 27 January 2012

When I got there my reservations I had made through Expedia.ca was not registered so that took a 20 minute check in. At the lounge I was ordering brown cows for a drink but the waitress kept making mistakes and kept making me white russians, no wonder the bill was so big! The room was very basic, and the complimentary hand lotion stinks! Our whole room smelt like "old man" Thank goodness I brought Febreze.

Room Tip: Ask for a main level room with a patio door. There is absolutely no smoking allowed and being a smok...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Allison S
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Stayed for a week in January with my family. Main purpose of the trip was snowboarding and relaxing. I stayed in the timeshare condos, Club Cranberry. These are in the main building. We had a good size 2-bedroom, 2 full bath unit with full kitchen. Master bedroom had King bed, 2nd bedroom had 2 doubles. Linens were clean, with removable white duvet covers. Looks and feels clean. Pillows were puffy. Sheets fit the bed. They didn't come untucked all week(one of my pet peeves).

Unit could use some updating which they have attempted with a cheap flat screen. Also came with a dvd and vcr combo unit. Bedrooms had old 20" tube tvs. Gas fireplace in living room. No stereo of any kind in the unit. The balcony overlooked the ski hills which was nice at night.

Exercise room is adequate with 2 treadmills, bikes, stair climber and a bowflex. Would have been nice to have some towels in there. They do have a water cooler though. Pool is a decent size and looked clean.

Bar in the lobby was nice. We had the Sunday brunch and were very disappointed. Weren't sure what the brown stuff was. Wish we had just gone for breakfast.

The town is only a km away - a 15-20min walk to the movies and restaurants. Great if you have restless teenagers.

Stayed at Georgian manor (on hwy 26, not to be confused with The Georgian in the village) back in November and promised I would compare the 2. I have to say that it really depends on the unit you are assigned. I'm sure both of them have updated and non-updated units. Cranberry would look much nicer if they updated and brightened their hallways. Both have restaurants with limited hours and okay food. Both have acceptable spas. Cranberry wins on the pool and the proximity to the town. Georgian is another couple of kilometers down the road. To be honest,you can't go wrong with either one. Georgian charges a $5/day energy surcharge. Cranberry free wifi was stable for everything except netflix. Georgian's wifi is atrocious. One thing they both do very well, is good customer service. Staff in both resorts were pleasant, friendly and helpful.

Whichever one you stay at, make a stop at the new Ashanti coffee house at 510 First St. Great soups, sandwiches, wraps, desserts and coffee.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MapleRes
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stayed on the timeshare section of the resort and it is actually not that bad. Yes, a little run down and could use some upgrading, definitely!. But our whole intention is to ski as much as we can, a place to sleep and rest is all we ever wanted. It might be a little different story if we come here in the summer.

Our check in was fast and painless. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. Nobody came and bother us with presentation or anything, which was surprising. But we did get several calls from their activity center for some functions they were holding.

The ground unit that was assigned to us was big. Both bedrooms has 2 double beds. The unit can easily sleeps 10 people comfortably. You can easily overlook the fact that the dishes are mixed matched, not a lot of pots and pans and the main TV in the living room is still a rear projection one. The free WiFi is a real bonus as well. A little slow but any form of free internet is good any time.

The resort is close to a lot of amenities. Grocery stores, liquor stores, movie theater and the big obvious is Blue Mountain.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank philcanko
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I am writing about the spa at Cranberry Resort - Essence Spa. What a fantastic place!! The spa has undergone a dramatic renovation since new ownership in July 2011. I have read many reviews about the spa that were negative but since the new owner took over the entire spa has been transformed. The staff are very professional and extremely pleasant. The services are affordable and preformed with a high degree of experience. The atmospere is peaceful - exactly what you would want when you visit a spa. Overall I would recommend any of the many services they provide, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
11  Thank Concerned8
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed last evening in an Executive Suite. The room decor was very modern boasting a flat screen TV, a queen size bed that was extremely comfortable with fresh white linens. The pillows were very lush. The room was very clean. I met the housekeeping staff down the hall and they were very attentive letting me know if I needed anything ...not to hesitate to ask.

I had a lovely view of the courtyard. All the amenities were very good. I appreciated the quality of the products provided. I would not hesitate to book here again.

Room Tip: Executive Suites facing the Courtyard was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Howie928
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Several years ago we were approached by Cranberry Resort to come and stay for $76 for a weekend and we would only have to listen to a talk about a time share possibility. We had it booked and paid and my husband lost his job. When I called to let them know the situation they said we would not be allowed to take part in this offer. When I asked about our payment they said they would send it to us. We didn't ever receive our money back. My sister approached me about going away with my Mom and other siser and I said no thanks, I have a bad feeling about Cranberry Resort! I tried calling to get my money refunded with no luck!

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
42  Thank Catherine H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
1.8 km away
0.5 km away
Living Water Resort
Living Water Resort
#2 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Cranberry Resort? Share your experiences!