Nice resort, we enjoyed the privacy our two bedroom gave us and the local area was quite beautiful. There is lots to do; Wasaga beach (amazing), Blue mountains, bike trails, and good eats. We were really disappointed with the location of the Pool / recreation area as a whole. The walk was quite far from where we stayed and you have to walk, driving is not encouraged. The place remined me of a summer camp rec room. The pool was quite nice but... the walk discouraged us from using it as often as we would have liked.
Our two bedroom was super dark, like an old rustic cabin in the woods dark. Though we met some great neighbours, the hightlight of our trip was certainly not the suite. It's really too bad, I am not even sure how they could brighten it up? The BBQ area was a pleasent surprise, good cooking surface and sheltered from the wind.
Overall the staff was friendly, the hiking and biking were amazing, and the food at some of the local resturants were delicious. See my other reviews of Collingwood area for food tips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cranberry Resort, set against the panoramic backdrop of Blue Mountain and the beautiful waters of Georgian Bay, is a world-renowned, 750 acre year-round vacation destination. At the Cranberry Resort, you can experience an expansive 18-hole golf course, full-service marina, fine dining, a luxurious spa and a wide range of outdoor and indoor fun the whole family can take part in. Cranberry Resort is a 4-season vacation paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cranberry Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranberry Hotel Collingwood
- Cranberry Resort Collingwood, Ontario