Opening the door to this fully-equipped, first class luxury suite, the first thing I saw through the living room bay window was an ice-dappled blue Georgian Bay providing a backdrop for a weeping willow tree. The sun's rays made the tree bark glow golden, while the alternating dark and light clouds in the background created just enough tension to make the whole seem a Group of Seven painting. Everything about the place was clean and new. It was obviously designed with a sense of flair, attention to detail, and executed with top notch quality materials and workmanship. The staff was friendly, helpful, and extroverted without being cloying or solicitous. The new bright, spacious Indoor/outdoor pool with waterslide would put any resort in the area to shame, and the fitness centre adjacent to and overlooking it gives an opportunity for mom & dad to work out while keeping an eye on the kids in the pool. That is if the kids are not in the on-site daycare. I took a tour of the complex and was astounded by how the windows all seem to frame painting-like views. Some units have water views on 3 sides. I can't wait to go back in the summer and overlook the lake and the resort's marina. The unit was fully equipped with fridge, full stove, dishwasher, cutlery, dishes, pots, and all the paraphernalia needed to cook a family feast. For adult relaxation there was the bar and lounge area in the lobby area, which features a multi-storey high cascading waterfall. Hallways were wide, elevator was fast, and the all-concrete construction prevented any sound transmission from other units. On the whole, this was the nicest stay I have had anywhere in a long time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cranberry Resort, set against the panoramic backdrop of Blue Mountain and the beautiful waters of Georgian Bay, is a world-renowned, 750 acre year-round vacation destination. At the Cranberry Resort, you can experience an expansive 18-hole golf course, full-service marina, fine dining, a luxurious spa and a wide range of outdoor and indoor fun the whole family can take part in. Cranberry Resort is a 4-season vacation paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Evoline ltd and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Cranberry Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranberry Hotel Collingwood
- Cranberry Resort Collingwood, Ontario