“Huronic Residences at Living Waters Resort...am I really in Collingwood, Toto???” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cranberry Resort

Cranberry Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Opening the door to this fully-equipped, first class luxury suite, the first thing I saw through the living room bay window was an ice-dappled blue Georgian Bay providing a backdrop for a weeping willow tree. The sun's rays made the tree bark glow golden, while the alternating dark and light clouds in the background created just enough tension to make the whole seem a Group of Seven painting. Everything about the place was clean and new. It was obviously designed with a sense of flair, attention to detail, and executed with top notch quality materials and workmanship. The staff was friendly, helpful, and extroverted without being cloying or solicitous. The new bright, spacious Indoor/outdoor pool with waterslide would put any resort in the area to shame, and the fitness centre adjacent to and overlooking it gives an opportunity for mom & dad to work out while keeping an eye on the kids in the pool. That is if the kids are not in the on-site daycare. I took a tour of the complex and was astounded by how the windows all seem to frame painting-like views. Some units have water views on 3 sides. I can't wait to go back in the summer and overlook the lake and the resort's marina. The unit was fully equipped with fridge, full stove, dishwasher, cutlery, dishes, pots, and all the paraphernalia needed to cook a family feast. For adult relaxation there was the bar and lounge area in the lobby area, which features a multi-storey high cascading waterfall. Hallways were wide, elevator was fast, and the all-concrete construction prevented any sound transmission from other units. On the whole, this was the nicest stay I have had anywhere in a long time.

Room Tip: All that I saw on the tour seemed excellent to me.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank 11randall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Queen Creek, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I was disappointed we got put in other property that was under construction so no bar restaurant or laundry. Had to drive few blocks to other property which had all three of those services. No one went out of their way to make stay enjoyable or friendly. Was about empty at both places.I always feel when we exchange we get worse accommodations. Our time share home property is on Maui so would be nice to get equal property sometime. I guess we just need to goto Maui

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank barbara n
Dan M, General Manager at Cranberry Resort, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your visit. You are correct that we are just putting the finishing touches on the new building and I can tell you that our beautiful pool is open and guests are enjoying it as I write this. We recognize that when we fall short in an area, we must always be friendly to the customer and do whatever it takes ensure satisfaction and do our best to resolve immediately. In this case it didn't happen and for that I apologize to you. Please contact me directly at the resort so I can talk to you about this.
dmcilhone@thecranberryresort.com
705-446-3270
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place to stay in Collingwood as we had a wedding to attend the next day. I was a little leery about staying here after reading some of the reviews, but we decided to try the resort out anyway after seeing how centrally located it was.

From the moment we checked in, we received excellent customer service. Jamie the front desk agent was fantastic and was quick to help, as was Sonja who made sure we got exactly what we wanted.

The rooms were nice. Not the best, but not the worst I have seen either. We had a nice view of the garden and the beds were quite comfortable as well. The only thing we would change would be that carpet. Other than that, the room was exactly what you would expect.

The restaurants were very nice and had a decent selection, but what really made our night was Nikki, the bartender who entertained us and gave us great service. Our meals were a little on the slow side, but we were having such a good time, we hardly noticed.

Overall, it was a nice experience, with a great location and wonderful staff. We will try to return soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dan M, General Manager at Cranberry Resort, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
This review means so much to us. We are working extremely hard at improving the customer experience and when you give us a chance after reading some not so favorable reviews we appreciate it so much. We talk about what we can do to improve every single day and we are seeing some nice improvements. Thank you for mentioning Jamie, Sonja and Nikki for their outstanding work. We are very happy to have them on our team and they do perform very well for us. Thanks for mentioning that all the associates were wonderful too! We look forward to serving you again soon.
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

My Family and I arrived on Saturday November 23, 2013 around 10:30 pm. We drove through at 8 inch snow storm, Jason the front manager was very accommodating, he took care of all my families needs. There was a beautiful young lady named Ilana a.k.a. Illy who was the concierge for the resort, she worked day and night to make sure all the guest at the Cranberry Resort felt like they were at home. In addition there was another beautiful young lady named Jessica who was always available to give my family and I information on anything we needed to know, we even saw her on her day off, and she greeted us like we were here family. She also asked if we were ok, and if she could be of any help. Last but not least the beautiful waitress named Pilar was also a breath of fresh air, who knew the menu very good. The service she provided while my family and I were dinning was second to none, and we have eaten all over the world. If you want to be pampered and treated like a movie star! Then The Cranberry Golf Resorts have so many different atmosphere's to offer, and the thing that impressed my family and I the most, was the Holy Bible in the Condo (Thank You Very Much), with the magnificent pictures with scripture below them (Great Touch) . The staff they employ are second to none, and they truly care about the guest. They say there's no place like home! Well this Resort is just like being at home! Thank you to all the wonderful people at The Law Cranberry Golf Resort-The Cranberry Resort-Cranberry Private Residence Club who made this (American) Thanksgiving Vacation a memorable pleasant experience, for my family and me. God bless your families, friends, and you for all that you do for people from all over the World. Warmest wishes during the Holiday Season and please have a very Merry Christmas. Sincerely Dr. Edward Day

Room Tip: Great Rooms, Quiet Rooms, Great for family atmosphere, Peace
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are delighted that you had very Happy Thanksgiving with us. We did have quite the snowstorm in our area and it's great that you were able to navigate safely. We read out your review at our morning huddle and also passed along the comments to Mr. Law the President. He was very happy to read about your stay, as were the associates. The team loves when reviews mention them by name and we use them to celebrate their improving service at the resort. We are becoming Guest Obsessed! It's awesome to read that we are your home away from home and your detailed review is great information for potential customers. We can't thank you enough for that. We look forward to you visiting us again soon and thanks again for this review.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We'd decided to finally give Cranberry Resort a try after passing it by on our trips to Collingwood each year.

The hotel itself is very quaint and all on one floor. The lobby was very nicely decorated and clean as well.

The room we received, which was in the 200's, was very tidy but very hot (even when adjusting the heater) and very dated. This is where we started realizing that although the hotel seemed really nice at some parts it could really use some work with others.

For example, the pool is a really great size and has a nice jacuzzi attached to it. The flooring of the pool, however, is very rusty and the paint on the walls and in the change rooms are chipping. The shower in the change rooms were very nice though.

Also, the key cards that we were given upon checking in randomly stopped working - twice. Although the staff were trying to help us, no one was really sure how to rework the cards and they kept us there longer than necessary. This also brings me to how our room was vacant and ready to clean from 9:30, but nobody cleaned the room till 3:30 after we called guest services.

This all happened on Monday, which overall was a VERY different from the Sunday we checked in. The staff seemed a lot more impatient and inexperienced than the day before, so I would urge the resort to work on that.

However, with all that being said, there were some really high points during our stay. The front desk called the day we checked in within the first 5 minutes to check up on us, the washroom had heated floor, everything was very clean, the restaurants in the hotel were very nice, and the scenery was wonderful. The resort was also in close vicinity to restaurants, supermarkets, and other attractions, which is convenient.

Overall, it has the potential to be a great hotel, but with a little work done everywhere, not just in 2 or 3 places.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dan M, General Manager at Cranberry Resort, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you for this very detailed review. You really took the time to give some honest feedback and I very much appreciate the comments. The good news is that in early 2014 we will be renovating the rooms at the Inn and we can't wait to show the improvements to our customers. We are working on some of the key card issues you encountered, but thank you for pointing it out to us. The staff friendliness is a major focus for us and as I reply to this review Chantelle, (the asst. Front Office Manager) and I are reviewing the schedule to talk with the team that worked on Monday. Regardless of the situation we must always be attentive to our customers with our eye on improving the customer experience. Thank you for the comments regarding our call back procedure to ensure you are happy with your accommodations. We will continue to work on these areas you mentioned and look to show improvements every day.
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I got a deal on this hotel by attending a time share presentation. It was a good deal and the accommodations were fine given the deep discount. I didn't dine at Memories but I did have the breakfast buffet, which I'm sure would be better if you don't go at a peak time. Otherwise, the hotel was clean, simple and satisfactory for a 2 day visit.

I wouldn't recommend it if you want a special weekend getaway, but I went with a friend and we had a good time.

Room Tip: I don't think this hotel has room service... I also did not attend the spa.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mellymacd
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It's a shame that you didn't get an opportunity to dine in Memories restaurant. The food is awesome! The Food & Beverage team will be happy to look after you next time you visit us. This past Saturday we were extremely busy for the buffet breakfast and this had an impact on the level of service we provided. I am sorry for that. We made some quick adjustments and the Sunday service was much better for our valued customers. We even had a guest advise the front desk that it was the best service they have ever received in the Bistro! We were delighted to hear that. Please visit us again soon.
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

We just came back from a week at the Cranberry Resort where we have a timeshare. We stayed in the new addition of Cranberry Waterfront suites and enjoyed a beautiful view of Georgian Bay. We were very impressed with the decor of the 2-bedroom suite having a spacious living room,eat-in dining room and galley kitchen. The second bedroom had two big beds, a bathroom and a kitchenette which was perfect for our guests.
The staff were very friendly and helpful whenever we needed their assistance, from getting directions for local attractions to figuring out how to work the new modern appliances.
We are looking forward to going back again next year!

Room Tip: "higher floors and corner suites have the best views"
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jayandbee898
Dan M, General Manager at Cranberry Resort, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
We can't tell you happy we are to read this awesome review. I can't wait to read it to our staff at the Monday morning team huddle. I especially like reading that our team was friendly and helpful! It's very nice to hear as we continue to focus on our attitude and customer service deliverables. We are delighted to hear the great comments on the 2 bedroom units and functionality of them. We love them too!
Please visit us again soon.
Dan McIlhone, CHA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
1.8 km away
3.1 km away
Mariner Motor Hotel
Mariner Motor Hotel
#8 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Cranberry Resort? Share your experiences!