“Great brisket, priced too high”
Review of TheSmoke

TheSmoke
Reserve with OpenTable
TheSmoke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 140 Restaurants in Collingwood
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TheSmoke has taken BBQ to a Whole New Level. From traditional award winning BBQ such as succulent Smoked Ribs, Beef Brisket, Chicken and Pulled Pork to Non Traditional BBQ such as Smoked Trout, Smoked Balls of Meat, Smoked Burgers and Smoked Ice Cream. Everything is made from scratch on the premises from the Chef's own recipes. Recently filmed for the Food Network Show, "You Gotta Eat Here" Season 4, with Host John Catucci, tells you we are doing something right. We have also won many awards, including the People's Choice Award for Collingwood's Taste of The Town, two years in a row. Our menu offers creative BBQ Sandwiches, like a Wild Boar Bacon Lettuce, Tomato and Smoked Cheddar Sandwich (WBBTLC) on grilled Sourdough, to our "Cow Meats Pig" Sandwich (basically and Beef Brisket sandwich on top of their Pulled Pork sandwich. Also voted "Best Burgers" by Days Out Ontario, with their smoked Beef, Turkey or Salmon Burgers, or the Poutine Burger, Pig on a Patty or Wholly Cow. Don't leave out the other mains, like Smoked Salmon, Trout, Wings, Brisket, Pulled Pork and Bacon Wrapped Loaf of Meat. And pick one or two sides from Sweet Potato Fries, Mac n Cheese, BBQ Beans (a 24 hour process to make), Salads and more. In addition to dine in, and take out, we also have take home. Most of the meats are smoked and fully cooked, individually cry-o-vacked, ready to take home and re-heat. From Full racks of Pork Back Ribs, Smoked Burgers, Trout, Bacon and More. Everything is made in house, and full of flavour. Five house made BBQ sauces are at the table to play with, and purchase to take home
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant really tries to sell themselves on the fact that they were featured on “You Gotta Eat Here”. A tv visible to all the upstairs diners plays the episode on repeat, in case you forget. But I think this may have been during the beginnings of the restaurant when food and prices were prime. The episode is from 3 years ago, and all of the certificates of “people’s choice” etc are from 2013-14 inclusively.

My fiancé was here years ago when it was affordable. This place has strategically used their moment of fame as a reason to charge $18.99 for a single burger. Wine was 5oz for $9.

I chose the 3 slider app as my meal because I wasn’t going to pay $20 for a hamburger. The main beef burger (the famous pubk smoked one) was tasteless. The pulled pork and beef brisket were amazing. I can see why people would pay a lot for this brisket, but when a restaurant is using their fame to charge outrageous prices for something that costs $5 to make, I just feel it’s disgusting for the owners to do this. This isn’t a Michelin star burger. It’s delicious but the prices angered us.

Liked the casual decor and tables inside, basic fast food like. Unpretentious. Enjoyed our food but would not return with these prices. We paid less for our meal at the 5 star Azzura down the street.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch here on a Wednesday. Great service, best pulled brisket nachos I have ever had in my life. Someone got a hamburger and said that it was cooked perfectly and the meat was very lean. Overall great experience will definitely return.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

Want to Celebrate a special event give the Smoke a Try
Great choice of Smoked food on the Menu as well as other choices
Nice Decor with Friendly service and great selection on their Menu as
we;; as some local Craft Beer and other drinks to choose from.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

One of my hubby, daughter and I go to date night spots. I always get brisket, whether its a brisket sandwich, brisket nachos , or the three meat slider trios, Thesmoke is also the only place we can get our daughter to eat her vegetables , i give credit to their amazing coleslaw and house salad dressing. Oh and if their soup of the day is chicken corn chowder or thai chicken soup ORDERIT! you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Tasty and decent portions. Service was extremely friendly but food took awhile. It was worth the wait. Spicy/smoky bbq sauce was our fave and not spicy but full of flavour.