“Excellent place for lunch”

The Iron Skillet 2.0
Ranked #16 of 100 Restaurants in Collingwood
Price range: US$21 - US$44
Description: Steak and seafood. Old-school style cooking made from scratch, AAA Steaks cut to order. Fresh Oysters,scallops, tiger shrimp, calamari. Fresh-baked bread, all desserts made in the house.
Reviewed December 16, 2018

We heard that there was updated Reno’s to the restaurant and checked it out. I was impressed by the changes and found the place to be quite cozy. The food at the Skillet is always consistent and the Clubhouse we shared did not disappoint.

Date of visit: December 2018
Write a reviewReviews (187)

Reviewed November 27, 2018

We were a large group in on saturday night, seated fast and well looked after, our server Paula went above and beyond for our table, saw the special lunch menu and had to come back to try it, and it was also amazing. Great food and great prices, and the portions are huge. will definately be back.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

We went with a group of 20 people and everyone loved their dishes. Portion size were big and priced reasonably. My hubby loved his Yorkshire beef dish as I as well loved my chicken schnitzel. Both came to us piping hot and fresh... we will definitely go back.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Firstly, my parents had the schnitzel which was excellent! I had the Pickerel special which I loved, and I can not remember What my sister had, but she loved it!

Now for the bad parts. The restaurant is in a nondescript Plaza, the interior Decour seems to be from a very low budget restaurant with absolutely no atmosphere, And the wait staff Are really not that good And appear to lack any formal training.

All this stuff can be fixed with the proper operator.

When we arrived we were told that the kitchen was backed up but the restaurant was less than half full

Looking at the menu it got very funny because I could easily see why the kitchen was backed up. For some reason they had food groups on the menu from every known country in the world including Italian, French, British, Austrian, Moroccan, Thai, Malaysia, Greek, and the list goes on and on!

How can any chef keep all these individually ingredients and properly cook even a fraction of them ?

I figured the kitchen was backed up because the chef was switching from cooking style to cooking style.

My parents will be going back because the schnitzel really was excellent and as good as what you get in Austria. I would go back if they wanted me to go with them, but my preference would be to go to a restaurant with a little more atmosphere and better service.

Once again the food was excellent and the bill was exceptionally low.

I hope that this is taken as a constructive review

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank DeadEnd-Toronto
Reviewed September 18, 2018

The iron Skillet was advertised in our hotel room and we decided to try it out mainly because it was not a chain restaurant. It is locally owned. The waiter was efficient and attentive. The food was amazing. Spoiled for choice with the menu. I settled for chicken enchiladas which were very tasty, husband had the steak which he says was great. Very big portions. Fabulous restaurant and would recommend.

Date of visit: September 2018