“New location review”

The Iron Skillet 2.0
Ranked #16 of 100 Restaurants in Collingwood
Price range: US$21 - US$44
Description: Steak and seafood. Old-school style cooking made from scratch, AAA Steaks cut to order. Fresh Oysters,scallops, tiger shrimp, calamari. Fresh-baked bread, all desserts made in the house.
Reviewed May 18, 2019

Though we’ve been in former location several times, we visited again in the new place. Tried their tomato soup but found it extremely salty. To their credit they did not charge us. The rest of the meal was fine. Good friendly service.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a reviewReviews (187)

Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

I was not able to find the new location in Wasaga Beach on trip advisor, so attaching these comments to the Collingwood location.

We went for an anniversary dinner on their second day open. There were a few minor growing pains, but all in all it was a very enjoyable supper.

Staff were all wonderful and excited to be open. They had some helpful suggestions and made sure to check in from time to time to see how things were going. They were missing or ran out of a few menu/bar items (growing pains) but the choices were still very good.

The chicken schnitzel was very good. I had the Swiss and mushrooms added on top and thoroughly enjoyed it. The serving size was quite large and the potatoes and veggies underneath the schnitzel were good as well. My wife had the fish special, which was a very flavourful pan fried pickerel, accompanied with potatoes and grilled veggies. I would recommend either as good choices.

The Iron Skillet is a great mid priced option for Wasaga Beach. Once they complete their large outdoor patio, I trust it will become a favourite for years to come. They did a very good job on day two, suspect it will be excellent when we next stop in.

Looking forward to many more visits! Thanks for locating in Wasaga Beach.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank David F
Reviewed May 3, 2019

Had fish and chips and a beer it was average quality/quantity of food. Service was fine decor was ok. Not a place I would return to since for the money you can get better for less or the same money. Honestly I can make better at home which defeats the purpose of going to a restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank hmswarspite2017
Reviewed April 26, 2019

I had the Yorkshire pudding stuffed with beef. Yorkshire was soggy and the beef tasted like it was processed meat from a grocery store. Staff are nice.

Date of visit: April 2019
2  Thank Tracy010101
Reviewed April 24, 2019

Pricing is fine dining or premium pricing. Our meal was a disappointment. I had the pasta based Jambalaya with steak and clams. The clams were bad. I tasted one that was bad and that made me check further. At least 6 more were in shells that did not open when cooked and to me that is a sign of deceased clams that are toxic. On top of that there was not enough steak to even call a seasoning. It totalled about 2 ounces. I discussed the clam issue with the manager and was told I can expect that from clams and immediately dismissed my concern and did not return to follow up later in the meal. Sorry - wrong answer

Both my wife and sister had pasta dishes and both had several pieces of different types of pasta mixed in.

This to me is not the sign of a premium or preferred dining experience.

I will not be back.