“Certainly comfortable”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cobourg
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Certainly comfortable”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I spent a night at this inn while passing through Cobourg and was well satisfied. Everything in my room worked and I had a good quiet night's sleep. The place was spotless and I think this is the cleanest hotel in which I have ever stayed.
In the morning I found a good selection of food at the breakfast bar and my only criticism would be that there is no dining area and one must take one's meal back to one's room - I prefer not to dine in solitary state. A great convenience was being able to park outside the ground-floor room and not have to carry bags along the corridors.
The inn is set back from the main road and is not easy to spot - I drove past it three times!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Maus59
CICOBOURG, Manager at Comfort Inn Cobourg, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Thank you for your complimentary review of the Comfort Inn Cobourg. We are pleased to have had you as our guest and hope to have you return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ontario
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I pulled in for shelter in a severe storm. If the weather wasn't going to kill me, another night of the scent surely would have. It was clean and the front desk staff in the morning pleasant but I was too hot in the room and the scent was a killer. A bad night's sleep for sure.

Room Tip: If you have breathing problems., avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Sahayoga
Your feedback is welcome at the Comfort Inn Cobourg. Although we are always disappointed to hear that your stay was not to your satisfaction, we appreciate knowing what issues you experienced so that we can take the appropriate steps to correct them.
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2012

The room is dated and basic. No elevator two story walk up. Breakfast was very basic. The front staff were friendly and the property is fairly clean. They offered us a smoking room while we had reserved a non smoking room. Came through with the non smoking on the second floor. It's a place to stay and sleep and not much more. With the money you save over others go out for a nice dinner at say the Woodlawn Inn just down the street.

Room Tip: If there is a hockey tournament ask to be relocated as far away as possible.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Canad_ian1952

Travellers are raving about these Cobourg hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Stayed here for two nights. The room was compact, but had what was needed. Heating worked well. Bed comfortable. Cleanliness generally okay. Good selection of TV channels. Breakfast was very basic, but adequate to start the day. Good to have the free WiFi.

Room Tip: You can park your car right outside your room if on the lower floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jerrythelab
SouthShore
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Staff was very kind - Room was clean and queen size bed comfortable - Hotel well located near 401 and all kinds of restaurants in the area. Internet signal was good. We appreciated the continental breakfast.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SouthShore10-4
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The motel is clean and the beds are comfortable . On arrival the heating apparatus was unable to be opened to turn on the heat. I went to the front desk and the girl there was down to the room in a few minutes and fixed it for me. This is a basic motel without a lot of frills but was great for its purpose---a good nights sleep. One person stood out at the motel. I wake early and found Audrey exceptionally friendly. Even though I was up early the coffee was on and breakfast was put out earlier than any other places I have stayed. Audrey seems to be very efficient and pleasant. This is a good motel but the only concern I would have is there are a few things that need to be updated--like the heating apparatus. It was obvious that it was getting old and was starting to show its age.
The breakfast is basic--cereal, breads etc. and gets a person started in the morning.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank HappyWanderer9
Toronto
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Stayed 1 night in August at this place and boy was I happy it was only 1 night. The room we had was dark and smelled stale. Upgrades are needed in the bathroom. The room we got was on the first floor so our only window was a patio sliding door that opened directly onto the parking lot. So you can't have privacy AND light...you gotta pick one or the other. The TV volume was set so that the highest setting was barely above a whisper--you couldn't get it louder. I've stayed in better budget hotels than this.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
comfortcobourgcares, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cobourg, responded to this review, 3 September 2011
I would like to apologize for providing you with an unsatisfactory stay at the Comfort Inn Cobourg during your recent stay with us. We do take pride in our housekeeping and strive on keeping our rooms in top shape. Anything less is not accecptable.
The majority of our guests enjoy the convience of our 1st floor rooms, as it provides easy access to their cars. We do have rooms on our second floor which would provide the security aspect you mentioned. I would like to invite you back, please free free to contact me personally and I would be delighted to take care of your reservation and ensure you recieve a better night stay. Again thank you for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobourg
1.8 km away
30.0 km away
Elmhirst's Resort
Elmhirst's Resort
#1 of 2 in Keene

Been to Comfort Inn Cobourg? Share your experiences!