“Our son's wedding in Cobourg”
Review of The Woodlawn Inn

The Woodlawn Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Cobourg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We had a wonderful time visiting Cobourg. Our stay at Woodlawn Inn was excellent, we had a beautiful room with a fireplace, so romantic. The pictures of the Inn, do not do it justice, so beautiful and breakfast was great. Thank-you to the staff, and was so nice to meet Steve, and learn some history about Cobourg.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear Beverly F,

Thanks for writing about Cobourg and our area. We are very proud of our little place in Canada. I am glad that The Woodlawn worked out for your son's wedding recently! Isn't nice to be pleasantly surprised when you see a place for real rather than looking at pictures of it. That being said, I also enjoy making images so I'll have to get some better images of the inn on the website for everyone to see! Thanks for you nice comments about the staff, service and your breakfast here as well! I will share your comments with our staff. They will be happy to learn that you enjoyed the wedding here with us.

Be well,

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Enjoyed our stay.
Dinner in the dining room was excellent.
A great breakfast.
My favourite, the fireplace in our suite.
Love my fireplace at home and was glad to enjoy it a the Inn.
The staff were very friendly.
Look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2011

WE spent the week-end in Cobourg, to enjoy the beach, and just walk and relax, what a great beach, the water is so clear, and the shops downtown are great, great town to visit and relax, the Inn was very nice and the rooms are big, the breakfast was great, we look forward to our next stay

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2011

Dear TorontoDottie,

Thanks for visiting us recently. I'm glad that you had time to spend a week-end, relax and enjoy The Woodlawn. Thanks for commenting on our beautiful beach and Victoria Park. I am spoiled and get to enjoy the beach and waterfront almost everyday! Please let me know the next time you are in Cobourg and I'll see to it that you have another great time with us. I'll pass on your kind comments to the many shopkeepers from downtown Cobourg as well.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Enjoyed our one-night stay. Lovely breakfast! Good value. Friendly staff. Recommend a leisurely walk around the historic neighbourhood after breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Hello GazeboCanada! We are all delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently. I am glad that had the time to take a stroll through historic Cobourg as well. It really is an undiscovered find in Ontario. See you next time you are in Cobourg.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

My wife and I celebrated the baptism of our twin babies at the Inn on Sunday. An excellent location across the street from the church as well as all the downtown shops.
We were greeted by Mrs. Della Casa, the owner, who welcomed us in and really made us feel at home.
The Woodlawn is a beautiful place for a family reception with spacious dining rooms and a nice lounge area, and the staff were very accommodating to the many children in our large and growing family.
The food was absolutely outstanding. Platters of Italian meats, cheeses, and warm crusty bread, homemade salads, lasagna, baked chicken, pastries and two beautiful baptism cakes just to name a few!! The Chef was very willing to see to our dietary restrictions even though he was very busy with other guests.
The service staff as well as Mrs Della Casa and Melissa at the front desk were warm, accommodating and professional and really made our luncheon a memorable one.
Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear Johnny ECB,

Thank you for allowing us to host your family reception with us recently. While I am sorry that I was not here personally to see you, I am glad that the owners and staff took good care of you and your family. I am glad that you enjoyed the service, ambiance and food. Melissa will be so glad that you thought to mention her! I will her know about your review. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 20 October 2011

My husband has stayed several times for business travel and now twice I have accompanied him. The rooms are large, clean, beautifully decorated, and come with all conveniences to make an enjoyable visit (coffee maker, DVD player, Wifi, gas fireplace, jetted tub). The food and wine in the dining room are superb and the breakfast offers a good variety to start your day. If you wander the hallways you will find a coffee maker available all day, a bookcase full of DVD's, and some of the most beautiful antique wood furniture. As for the staff, they are as delightful and charming as the building in which they work. I look forward to returning as soon as possible.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have a mobility issue, check that you are on the main floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2011

Dear Trudy J,

Thanks for taking the time to write about The Woodlawn Inn. We are so glad that you joined your partner for a visit to Cobourg and our Inn! Thank you for noticing the little touches that we put into the property. Its so nice to get feedback about it. We hope you can visit us again soon!

Be well,

Reviewed 6 October 2011

This is an exceptional place to stay. The moment you arrive you feel like you have been here before. The staff at all levels are truly there to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Of all the Inns I have stayed at this one made me feel like I was at home that's how good they are at what they do.
The food is excellent, with fresh ingredients from their own garden, and they have an extensive Wine list.
A must stay for anyone who wants to visit the wonderful community of Cobourg, situated on Lake Ontario, with many sites and shops to browse.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank gnarly_10
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Dear gnarly_10

Thank you for your writing about The Woodlawn Inn. It was a pleasure to take care of you. I'm glad that you felt at home and that you enjoyed our hospitality. Thanks for writing about Cobourg. We are so proud of our town and I am glad that you agree. We are looking forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Northumberland County.

Stephen Della Casa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobourg
1.9 km away
1.6 km away
Mackechnie House Bed and Breakfast
1.2 km away
Willowmere Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Woodlawn Inn? Share your experiences!