All reviews photography workshop dining room fine dining della casa presidential suite large bathroom superior room veal old world charm breakfast was included rooms are extremely self serve comfortable bed sitting area home away from home port hope next morning
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed at the Inn for a Photography Worshop with Richard Martin, and it was just AMAZING, the perfect compliment was The location "The Woodlawn Inn" excellent rooms, spacious, great warm feeling, the staff and Innkeepers were friendly and professional.
I will recommended to anyone, that wants a wonderful experience and amazing food!!!!
To sum in in one word WOW!!!!
Cheers
Kitty
PS.: Will be going back for sure!

Room tip: I got the rom 208 which was perfect for family, spacious.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Dear KittyToronto_Canada,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of The Woodlawn Inn. I am glad that you found the inn a relaxing space for the workshop. We are very fortunate to be aligned with Richard Martin, one of Canadas most gifted photo instructors and we are happy that you thought the Woodlawn was a great place for it! We are looking forward to having you and your family back to Cobourg some time!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Just stayed at this Ontario Finest Inn for a night. Such friendly staff, wonderful restaurant and the greatest of menu and food, top marks !!!! Inn and room looked a little "tired" but couldn't fault the atmosphere and comfort. Would definitely stay there again. Cobourg one of the cleanest towns we have visited. Thanks to all for making us feel so welcome.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear EuropeLaSalle_Canada

I am glad that you had a great time here at The Woodlawn. We love hospitality and taking care of guests that visit from all over the world. We are always paying attention to ways that we can provide a great experience. You are always welcome to return and thanks for the feedback!

All the best,

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Okay, I have to start off by saying I am from France and food is very much part of my life.
We did a last minute package for our 5th anniversary and were blown away by the hospitality, accommodation, bar and dinner-service.
I am sitting in the most scrumptious room, on a couch in front of a flat screen TV, ample DVD selection, king size bed, fridge, huge two-person tub, shower...do I need to go on and on? This place is gorgeous, we had the most lovely meal; best Foie Gras (I'm French) I have ever had! I had the lamb and it was cooked to perfection. The chef is amazing, the owner is personable and so genuine. Okay...maybe I should stop gushing but I'm off to soak in a tub with a glass of Champagne...life couldn't be more fun right now. thank you Woodlawn Inn for this incredible experience.
THANKYOU

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear rooney000

Thanks for referring to us as the best inn in Ontario!! I too love to travel in Canada and in Europe and appreciate your comments and i'll pass on your kind words to staff!

Take care,

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We held our 50th Wedding Anniversary dinner at the Woodlawn Inn, Cobourg. Marisa and Steven, Innkeepers could not have been more helpful and attentive. The food and service were excellent. We and our guests appreciated the inn itself and the ambiance. We required equipment for visual presentation and sound system and this was provided and we were given assistance with the set up. For an evening out, an overnight stay. or a special occasion we highly reccomend the Woodlawn Inn.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Trillieduke

Thanks for taking time out to write about The Woodlawn and trusting us with your 50th Wedding Anniversary! Thanks for your comments about the food and experience here at the inn, I am happy that the event was a success. I will pass on your comments to Marisa and the staff here at the inn! Wishing you many more years of happiness together.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is a great place to stay. The building is great, and the service superb. Restaurant menu is exceptional, I thoroughly enjoy staying here. The only downs are the flakey wireless internet coverage, and no exercise facilities. But there are two gyms nearby if you need that, which when travelling for business I do.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Dear MartinGSH

Thanks for taking the time to review of The Woodlawn Inn on tripadvisor. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the service and dining room. I am sorry that you found the wireless internet service not working out for you. We believe that a robust wireless service is vital to productivity and since your made your comments, we now do a complete wireless systems check three time a day. As you know the guest rooms all have a high-speed data port, but wireless is where its at these days and we will do better for you! If you ever have any future issues whatsoever please do not hesitate to contact any one of The Woodlawn inn staff and we'll take care of you! We hope to see again soon the next time you need to be in Cobourg/Port Hope.