I stayed just one night at the Woodlawn Inn in Cobourg back in November as I was in the area for work. I can happily say I have now found my spot to stay for future trips to the area!
The only staff member I encountered was the lovely woman at reception whose name I have completely forgotten over the past month. She had a very unique European name and she was fantastic! I even saw her the next morning working in the kitchen helping with breakfast. A wonderful woman!
Nice rooms, although the one I had was somewhat tired with a bit of a creaky bed. I'm sure if I had asked, I would have been given another room, but all was fine for one night. Very good location. As others have said, you can park your car here and walk downtown, etc.
A hot breakfast was included in the rate. It was really good and it was made from scratch, not some assembly line buffet!
If you're in need of a wonderful place to stay in the Cobourg / Port Hope area, look no further.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cobourg's Historic District and close to the waterfront, the historic Woodlawn Inn opened its doors in 1988 and today has twenty generously appointed guest rooms. The Woodlawn Inn is perfect for romantic retreats, girl’s getaways, small weddings and business meetings. The highly regarded Woodlawn Inn dining room is open to the public for intimate dinners or for large weddings of up to 100 guests. Within walking distance, there are day-spas, historic homes, shops and one of the most picturesque downtowns in Canada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Woodlawn Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woodlawn Hotel Cobourg
- The Woodlawn Inn Cobourg, Ontario