All reviewsphotography workshopdining roomfine diningdella casapresidential suitesmall balconyvealold world charmcomfortable bedblown awayseparate showerself servesuperior roombreakfast was includedsitting areanext morningwing chairs
Reviewed December 15, 2015

I stayed just one night at the Woodlawn Inn in Cobourg back in November as I was in the area for work. I can happily say I have now found my spot to stay for future trips to the area!

The only staff member I encountered was the lovely woman at reception whose name I have completely forgotten over the past month. She had a very unique European name and she was fantastic! I even saw her the next morning working in the kitchen helping with breakfast. A wonderful woman!

Nice rooms, although the one I had was somewhat tired with a bit of a creaky bed. I'm sure if I had asked, I would have been given another room, but all was fine for one night. Very good location. As others have said, you can park your car here and walk downtown, etc.

A hot breakfast was included in the rate. It was really good and it was made from scratch, not some assembly line buffet!

If you're in need of a wonderful place to stay in the Cobourg / Port Hope area, look no further.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2015

We planned to stop in Cobourg on the way to a more distant destination. We found the Woodlawn Inn a worthwhile destination in itself. The comfort of the room and the excellence of the cuisine (dinner and breakfast) and the superior quality of the staff all made for a terrific visit.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Stephen_Of_Cobourg, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2015

Dear Anthony C,

Thank you for being a guest with us recently. I'm glad that The Woodlawn was a convenient stop on your journey. I agree the that the inn and our beautiful are would make a great destination unto itself. Thank you for the kind words about the quality of our cusine and our service. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. Until next time.

Best wishes,

Reviewed October 29, 2015

I always stay here when in Cobourg! Nice rooms,great staff,good breakfast. The location is great as it is walking distance from the lake, the main street with lots of shops and restaurants and even the train station (The train from Montreal stops here so it can make a great getaway without needing a car)

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GUS-H291
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2015

Dear GUS-H291,

Thanks for making The Woodlawn Inn your preferred hotel in Cobourg. I am glad that you have enjoyed our guest rooms, breakfast and service on your previous visits. We are very fortunate to be in the Town of Cobourg and our historic district location means that we are an easy walk to the waterfront, downtown amenities and even the newly renovated VIA rail station. We look forward to having you back with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2015

We stayed at this Inn on a mid-week special. The room we had was lovely but due to TV remote control issues we were upgraded to a suite - now that was fabulous! Dinner was excellent and the breakfast very good as well. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear travelSK8Mey,

Thanks for visiting us for a spontaneous, mid-week getaway. I’m glad that our staff took good care of you both with your guest room and in the dining room for dinner and breakfast. We would be very pleased to have you both back with us soon.

Take care,

Reviewed October 13, 2015

Beautiful, quaint and highly recommended. The room was pretty and clean. The staff were friendly and engaging. The breakfast was good as well. We stayed for one night, we were passing through on our way to Toronto.

Stayed: October 2015

Dear Magda O,

Thank you for leaving a review! Thanks for your recent visit on your way to Toronto. I am pleased that you both enjoyed your guest room and breakfast and we would be thrilled to have you return for a short visit while passing through Northumberland or for a longer stay were you could enjoy our beautiful area.