“Smells”

El Rancho Motel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Yarmouth
“Smells”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed here a full week and it smell, I would not stay here again

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank notloved

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New Glasgow, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I had the chance to stay at this little budget Hotel for a few days while I was in Yarmouth for some job hunting. It was a great little hotel. Like the title says great bang for you buck.
The Motel is aged a bit hince why the price is cheaper, but look past its age the rooms were decent size and clean, the carpet was old but Very Very clean and i never noticed the smell the other compained about. It was a few of the hotest days while I was here and usually heat would bring out the smell. II never noticed a thing. I will be staying here again. I have been offered a job and am taking it and will be staying here for approx a week or two untill i find out if I like the work and and then I will get a place to rent. once again GREAT BANG FOR YOUR BUCK

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank jjhealy12
Chezzetcook
Reviewed 7 July 2008

My family and I Stayed at the El Rancho Motel for 2 nights.We were in Yarmouth for a family rerunion.Not knowing the area at all we relied on another family member to book the hotel.BIG MISTAKE. The first room we were taken to smelled absolutely disgusting and I promptly went back to the desk and told the owner no way we were staying in that room.He then moved us next door which smelled better.We unpacked and immediately headed out to meet with other family.Arrived back late and it stunk to the high heavens.The smell was of must,mold and just overall filth.My Mom and I have asthma so we ended up in the truck to sleep about 2 in the morning.The next morning I went to get my money back for the second night(we had to pay up front)he refused said he would have the maid clean.We returned that night after the family reunion was over the owner said the maid cleaned for over 2 hours.I brought him into the room and showed him the fridge with dried blood from some sort of raw meat from a previous family and took the burners off the stove for him to see. I had to use a butter knife to unstick them from the top of the stove.The bedding was awful and in my opinion she wasn't changing it on a daily basis.I was totally disgusted with this place.We were charged 150.00 per night and everywhere else in yarmouth ranged from 69.00 to 92.00 per night with all the ammenities like pool,or continental breakfast.Overall the experience was horrible and I will NEVER set foot anywhere near that place again.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — It was filthy and smelled awful.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank muffin5734

Travellers are raving about these Yarmouth hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yarmouth
3.2 km away
Lakelawn B&B Motel
#1 of 6 in Yarmouth
25.0 km away
Cape View Motel and Cottages

Been to El Rancho Motel? Share your experiences!