All reviews hotel restaurant undergoing renovations front desk staff ferry terminal an older hotel bit dated beds were very comfortable will stay there again downtown yarmouth sauna waterfront
Reviewed November 4, 2017

My husband and I stayed here recently. The hotel is a little dated,but the room was clean,the bed and pillows were very comfortable.We had a nice dip in the pool and a soak in the hot tub.The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had breakfast in the restaurant,which was good.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Robert W, General Manager at Rodd Grand Yarmouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Hello DartmouthNsBrendamj,

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for letting us and others know about your stay and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

I will start with a positive. All staff was great, welcoming and friendly. We enjoyed breakfast. Food was great as was service.

When we returned home I completed the survey I received via email. I soon realized that my completed survey went to a third party. I was contacted by them asking my permission to pass along my review to the Rodd group.

I gave my permission and mentioned I had pictures to share and that I wanted to do so directly to the property rather than a public review site. That was almost three weeks ago and I have yet to be contacted.

Our room was disgusting! Bathroom was the worst. The bath tub soap dish had green scum. The sink taps had crust. The floor was not clean.

The furniture in the room was beaten and worn. The fire suppression system was antiquated. Plugs were limited due to the age of the building and carpets were old and dirty!

Yarmouth is a beautiful place but with this sub standard accommodation it is a shame this “grand hotel” is the best they can offer.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MMc1954

Hello MMc1954,

I'm so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are in the process of upgrading the hotel and I do hope we get the chance to see you again and show you the improvements that we are making now and planning for the very near future.

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

We where in town to watch the Yarmouth Mariners Jr A team and so stayed at Rodds. It was the best location in town, could walk everywhere. The staff was super friendly, the restaurant had a great breakfast, the bar stays open late for incoming guests and it is located right on the Main Street. The rooms are a good size and the queen sized beds where very comfortable. Tv was good as was the wifi. It is not perfect as far as maintainance but it was very comfortable and will definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Robert W, General Manager at Rodd Grand Yarmouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Hello Sherry Y,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm so pleased to hear that the hotel and location worked so well for your trip. I hopw we get to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 26, 2017

Arrived late off the ferry from Portland. Easy to find only 5 minutes from the ferry terminal. Check-in quick and smooth. Room was large, clean and comfortable. Nice bedding, large bathroom. Good water pressure and hot water (always important). Had rate with breakfast which was in their restaurant, you can pick one of 3 choices or if something else get at $10 credit. Was convenient and good. If you are coming in late off the ferry it's better then a 4 hour drive in the dark to Halifax! Worth the stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello PeteinVirginia,

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and meal with us. Thank you so much for letting us and others know about it. I hope we can see you again on your next trip to Nova Scotia.

Reviewed October 20, 2017

Rodd Grand was very clean and convenient for catching the Ferry to Maine on my motorcycle trip. The staff let me park my 900 lb. bike right on the sidewalk near the entrance, which I really appreciated.The staff was a little less than cordial and seemed a bit hassled, but were efficient all the same. The bed was comfortable, the TV nice sized and with a decent cable selection, the showers strong and hot and the towels thick and thirsty. The bar and grill had a decent selection and very good seafood chowder.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Robert W, General Manager at Rodd Grand Yarmouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Hello Mark B,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We are so pleased you enjoyed yourself while our guest and we hope to see you again very soon.