“Great stay, excellent service”

Comfort Inn - Truro
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Truro
Antigonish, Canada
“Great stay, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Truro for a funeral. The staff was fantastic. They were accommodating and compassionate and couldn't help us out enough. They let us have a late check out the day of the funeral. Class acts all around. Our room was clean and fresh and so easy to access because it had a patio door and we could pull our car right up to it. I don't get the other reviews, this place was great. Good location too, right off the highway. We didn't have a reservation we just pulled in. Oh and the free breakfast was perfect.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BethMorgan
ComfortInnTruro, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Truro, responded to this review, 5 May 2011
Dear Ms. Morgan, It was our pleasure to host you as our guest. We are always striving to improve our hospitality and service and we appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Truro under happier circumstances. Thank you.

Sharon Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Drumheller, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

I was on the last day of my trip and picked the Comfort Inn for it's convenent distance from the Halifax airport.
It was located within eyesight of the highway so it was no trouble to find. Timmies and a Wendy's next too it so I thought all bases where covered there. It was a very speedy checkinn and the staff was very helpful. I had booked thru AMA so I found I had been slated for a smoking room which I objected to as I am a nonsmoker. No porblem. They happily accomodated me from my queen sized room to a room with two doubles in nonsmoking. They said it was their last nonsmoking so I was very happy with that. Staff was very helpful with local attraction information and gave me instructions to the Victoria Park which was amazing and a nice way to end the day with a quiet walk in a beautiful setting. On arrival back they had just made fresh coffee. I thought that was nice.
I wanted to check if my flight was proceeding as planned. They provided me with a card to check internet (I think it was worth $2.00 for about 15 minutes or so) Ample time to check the email for it but would have liked to print it off. Least I was reassured all was fine till I got to the airport. More internet time would be nice but they should almost knock out a room on the lower floor for that an possibly enlarge the breakfast area. The breakfast area was very small and congested but there was enough food choices there for a good breakfast. I took my food on a tray and had breakfast in my room.
My room was on second floor and no elevator which I would have preferred.Hallway had a fan to navigate around so more air conditioning would be nice. Room was very basic which I expected. Bed was comfortable..no complaints.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank rangerpippi
Antigonish
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2010

We stayed here last week and the smell in our room was terrible. I thought at first that we had been given a smoking room but the door showed non-smoking and the staff assured us that it was a non-smoking room. This hotel is in an area that floods regularly in the Spring and the combined smell of mold and smoke was awful. When our daughter came to visit, she immediately grimanced and commented on the terrible smell. After we got home, all the clothes we took out of our suitcase had this same terrible smell and went straight to the washer! Also, the so called high speed internet was very slow.

However, the staff were friendly and helpful and really tried to please.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barra863

Travellers are raving about these Truro hotels

Nova Scotia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2009

Reception was friendly; that is the best that can be said. The hallways and rooms smell musty, and a mixture of mildew and smoke. The room was clean (sheets, towels, bathroom) but shows signs of age, wear-and-tear. A $60. dollar room perhaps, but not $124. Continental breakfast was the standard stuff, nothing special. The bed was not especially comfortable. It was a place to sleep.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Nova Scotia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2009

My daughter who is a paramedic in the Canadian Forces went to this hotel to get "shelter from the storm" as Hurricane Bill was making her drive from Borden Ontario, difficult and she was tired, and sick. The military often uses this hotel so they must be used to the form of payment that the military offers. Because my daughter does not have a credit card, they refused her a room. I offered to give my card information over the phone as I have done in the past at other hotels, they said she needed the card and sent her on her way. The safety of our Canadians seems to matter less that the mighty dollar. Guess what! We will NEVER use the Comfort Inn any where!!!!! It is not like she was a bum off the street.......but she was certainly treated worse than that. I called the customer complaint department and the man I spoke to could not have cared less. I was told that this policy is set by the "private" owner and there was no room for any leeway.

Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank capneyeliner
Pembroke Pines, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2008

My parents (70+) and I stayed here one night because our other accomodations (Willow Bend - great) were not available for the length of our stay.
The checkin was ok/speedy enough. However, I could not believe that there was no elevator and we were put on the second floor, meaning we had to drag our suitcases halfway down the length of the building and lift then up the stairs ourselves. The cleaning staff saw us struggling with 3 suitcases, 2 purses, and 2 hand luggage pieces and didn't even hold the door, just waited at the bottom of the stairs watching!!!
Thank God my parents are still pretty strong!

I assume there was a humidity problem in the hotel as both floors had standing fans at intervals in the hallways - great to navigate suitcases through too, BTW. The room was simple and clean with a great view of the VW dealership behind it (just built).

The beds were firm and I had a decent rest. We ate at Smitty's for lunch - good food, but long waits.

In the morning, we had great expectations for breakfast but were a bit disappointed:
- Waffles were like eating cardboard.
- The eggs were obviously pre-boiled and then refridgerated?? so they had a funny taste when reheated.
- Room temp orange juice so make sure you use the ice.
- The cereal and toast were the best options.
Overall the breakfast area is too small for the offerings and navigation between tables. And step away if someone asks for items to be restocked. The person who restocked kept flipping up the tablecloth - onto my plate - several times without noticing or apologizing. I think they should reorganize the layout because they can't really change the space.

Overall, my sleep was OK, but otherwise, I couldn't wait to leave.

• Liked — Firm Bed
  • Disliked — No elevators; low quality breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Milwaukee, WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2008

Pleasant, friendly hotel staff. Convenient location just off Highway 102. Very warm when we stayed there and the AC would not go below 75 degrees (fahrenheit). Very damp and dank. Besides the lack of AC, the worst feature was awful MILDEW smell in the bathroom that permeated the entire room. This was a "Queen Suite" (about $180 a night) -- we realized only later that there were better-quality alternatives in area.

• Liked — Pleasant hotel staff.
  • Disliked — Awful mildew in bathroom and throughout suite.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
2.1 km away
0.2 km away
Berry's Motel
Berry's Motel
#7 of 8 in Truro

Been to Comfort Inn - Truro? Share your experiences!