Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21-04-24
eDreams
Free cancellation until 21-04-24
Priceline
Free cancellation until 21-04-23
Agoda.comUS$108
TripadvisorUS$108
All reviews place to stay pet friendly room sydney amenities mines ferry laundry stopover supper
Selected filters
Reviewed November 22, 2020

I recently had a 2 week stay at the Clansman to self-isolate after a trip outside the Atlantic Bubble. I had a great experience. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I had many calls down to the front desk to ask about garbage/laundry/check-out protocols and they patiently answered all of my questions. The room was equipped with a mini fridge, microwave and coffee pot so I was able to have family drop off groceries to me and make a few of my own meals. For other meals, the I would call down to the restaurant (delicious!) and the staff would deliver them outside my door. The room also had a table the chairs (so I didn't have to eat in bed) and it was large enough to lay my yoga mat down to do some exercise. There was a thermostat to adjust the temperature as well as an overhead fan for warmer days. The Clansman made my stay very comfortable and I appreciate their great service! Would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed October 9, 2019 via mobile

It was great having a place to stay while visiting family in the area of Sydney Mines and Little Pond. We stayed for 3 days and eat our breakfast and supper there, excellent food.
The motel was dated and require to be renovated to have a more modern look.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sandra A, General Manager at The Clansman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we are currently updating some of our rooms, and are always working on new renovations. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed your meals. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area visiting family.

Reviewed September 30, 2019 via mobile

We have stayed here twice a year for 7 years.. pet friendly room... excellent staff, the rooms are spotless and quiet..beds are comfortable and the price is right.. don't waste your time on other motels. Close to the Ferry as well...highly recommend this place

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Sandra A, General Manager at The Clansman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2019

Thank you for all your kind words, we always appreciate hearing from our guests especially when they are happy with their stay, and we are so pleased that you were happy. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed August 7, 2019

Check in was easy and friendly. Receptionist moved our rooms to be closer to our friends without us requesting this - a real nice touch. Rooms were clean, well appointed with flat screen TV, fridge and coffee maker. Two queen beds were very comfortable.
View out over the lake to die for and on-site restaurant perfect for supper and breakfast.
Traffic noise from the highway could be loud at times but as night wore on this reduced considerably. Great place to stay about 10km before Baddeck.

Date of stay: August 2019
Sandra A, Front Office Manager at The Clansman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2019

Thank you for writing us such a lovely review, we appreciate all feedback from our guests. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again if you are ever back in the area.

Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

Disgusting
Over priced
Dirty
Outdated

While going to have a shower I first turned on the water to get the temperature right and noticed the water was slow going ..... big mistake trying to find out why

Cables and wire running everywhere

Floating floor uneven , coming apart and dirty

Freezing cold and could not warm up

Stains on chair and bathroom floor

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Sandra A, Manager at The Clansman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2019

Thank you for all your comments we take all reviews seriously. We have sent your concerns to housekeeping. I am so sorry that we let you down and I assure you that our expectation is equal to yours. I can assure you that your concerns have not fallen on deaf ears and that we will address them accordingly.
We are in the process of replacing the flooring in the rooms one at a time as the lament didn't hold up as well as we expected.
There is a setting in the rooms that controls the heat pump versus the baseboard heat, maintenance is checking to make sure all rooms are set on baseboard heat as that is our best source of heat in the winter.
Could you please give us a call at 1-800-565-2668 to further discuss your water issue.