“Snow Crab Lunch”

The Lobster Pound And Moore
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in North Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Food made with love for those who love food.
Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

Nice view of the NFL Ferry from the parking lot in the back. The building is unimpressive from outside but nice inside. We would not have stopped without the high TripAdvisor rating. We got in but later lunch arrivals were turned away without a reservation.
We both went for the Louisburg Snow Crab and were not disappointed. The sauces and fries were fine too. Half the fun is digging into those cracked shells for meat treasure. Yum. The chef brought us some extra which was unexpected.
Dinner must be great?

Reviewed August 12, 2016

The food alone made this one of the best restaurants we have ever been to, but then add the personal service from the chef/owner (he's a character) and we had a meal we'll never forget. We ordered two entrees, a smoked salmon and a pistachio shrimp encrusted halibut. The chef asked us if we were sharing. Then, he put the two entrees onto one large serving plate. The portions were large and both were wonderful. Even the rice was tasty and we're not usually big rice eaters. Dessert was a chocolate cheesecake (dark chocolate crust) which was rich and a fruit Napoleon (large but light and incredible). I don't know if we ever get back to Cape Breton, but if we do, the Lobster Pound and Moore will be on the short list.

Reviewed August 8, 2016

We have just returned from a whirlwind visit to Nova Scotia. We spent two nights on Cape Breton. We were fortunate to secure a reservation for this fabulous restaurant on our second evening. By warned though, place closes at 8:00 pm.
We are a family of four, our daughters are 18 and 21.
Puerto Vallarta is our favourite place on earth and this place reminded me of it sooooo much.
My older daughter and I both loved our salad with grilled romaine and lots of fresh seafood. Served with fabulous aioli and grilled garlic toast. Sent pics of it to my friends at home.
My younger daughter had a shrimp dish and my husband a halibut steak. All very, very good.
Had lobster springs rolls for appetizer. They were accompanied by delicious skinny fires and greens.
Whole not inexpensive, value for dollar is very good. Service was excellent. The chef came out and chatted with all the guests.
Would recommend highly to anyone in the Sydney area. Worth the drive for sure!

Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed fresh sweet mussels for an appetizer. My husband had the haddock and halibut. Generous portions, light batter, not greasy, fresh and meaty. Best fish and chips ever! I had the scallops which were pan fried in a light sweet & spicy sauce. Best scallops I've ever had.
This restaurant was the highlight of our trip to Cape Breton. We will definitely go again.
Make sure you have reservations so you will not be disappointed if they are full for the night.
Thank you Chef Richie for a superb seafood experience!

Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

Delicious huge portions. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Make sure to make reservations ahead of time! Will definitely be back!!