“Best Day Ever!”

and up
Squamish Explorer Flightseeing Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We’re a small company with a big goal: Promote environmental awareness and protection of our region by taking 1,000,000 people in to the Squamish wilderness, regardless of their age or fitness level. Our mission is simple, but from the heart. We believe that for humans to want to protect any piece of pristine wilderness they must first know the exhilaration that comes from spending time in the mountains and oceans. Sea To Sky Air was created so that you don’t have to be a seasoned hiker, a backpacker, or a bold adventurer to experience the super, natural Squamish attractions that lay in our protected parks, ecological reserves, and conservancies. In our small aircraft and floatplanes everyone has the chance to experience the enjoyment of being amongst ancient mountains, plateaus, valleys, lakes, rivers, fjords, and wetlands, without the need for expert knowledge or backcountry equipment. We hope that once you see what’s out there you’ll want to protect it, too.
West Vancouver, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best Day Ever!”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I was so impressed with the amazing introductory lesson and the flight we took on Saturday, September 15th, 2012 - I really don't think anything in my life prepared me for that experience. I got the lesson and flight for my husband for Father's Day, and expected to go and watch from the ground, but up to two can go along, so I did. We took the extra time (and thank God we did - it was the most amazing thing) and did the tour of the glaciers. All I can say is, "Wow!" Really, it was awesome, and not awesome in the overused expression for 'great', but awesome as in, "Dear God I didn't think that anything is this beautiful!", and "Did you see that?" - and the ever popular (add your own amazed superlatives here). To put it in a word, the only thing I can think of is 20 words long! Amazing. Awesome. Astounding. Breathtaking. Beautiful. Unbelievable. I could go on, but I'm sure you get my point.

Peter took us up, and was exceptional. I felt comfortable, and was sure that he could handle anything and everything that came our way. There were views that went on forever, limited only by where you turned your head. My husband took to it immediately, which was another good thing, and the time went on too quickly. I literally and figuratively had the ride of my life, and I cannot wait to do this again.

Bonus - there's an amazing company dog, you can't go wrong! What's going to top this? It made my year, maybe my decade! We will do this again - no doubt.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank marybolanddoyle
SeaToSkyAir, Manager at Sea to Sky Air, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for the awesome review! The glaciers in Squamish's backyard are truly impressive and we had lots of fun showing them off to the two of you. Looking forward to taking you up again, your husband did a great job of flying the plane - maybe next time we will get you up front to do some of the flying!

Vancouver, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Sightseeing with Sea to Sky Air”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I had a great time, I love small planes and the scenery was fantastic .. if you like to take pictures and see all the land from a vastly different prospective then this is the way to go.. Eric our pilot was great and told about everything we passed over .. Loved it will go again anytime thanks guys

Visited August 2012
SeaToSkyAir, Manager at Sea to Sky Air, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
We had a great time too. Most people love getting up into the mountains, but you could really tell how much you love small planes. Eric shares that passion, so it was great for him to have you sitting co-pilot. Flying through the coast mountains never gets old, and it seems like you're seeing something new every time you go up.

Thanks for all the pictures, and for the video you shared on our Facebook page. We look forward to getting you up in the air again, next time we'll take you in a completely different direction.

See you soon!

The STSA Crew
Surrey, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Squamish to Whistler Vistas”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My wife & I purchased a Whistler back-country tour through Sea to Sky Air back in April to surprise our teenaged son for his birthday in May. Our 1st booking had to be postponed due to inclement weather (June in Vancouver this year was the coldest, wettest and least amount of sun since weather records have been kept!), as were our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th bookings...
Finally, we saw that the weather looked good for August 25th, called Sea to Sky Air, and we reserved for the 10AM slot. Our drive to Squamish from Vancouver is beautiful, but we had no idea how much more beautiful our vistas would be from the sky.
We arrived at the Squamish airport, easily found off Hwy 99, with signage aplenty. Ample parking and close to the plane, we turned off the car and explained what was about to happen to our perplexed teen.
We met a few of the guys I had been speaking with through all the bookings and subsequent postponements, and it was sorted out that Peter would be our pilot & tour guide. First Peter did a walkabout around the 4 seat plane that would be flying us around shortly, explaining important facts about air drag, etc, and other important and interesting facts.
The parental units got in to the back seat, (perfect for canoodling,) while Peter and our son jumped in to the front seats. Peter was excellent at explaining the pre-flight routine to his newest co-pilot, who still had a bit of that "deer lost in the headlight" look with what was transpiring.
Soon we were up in the air, my first amazement was how quickly responsive the plane was to both the pilot's deft hand, and the outside weather, but not in anyway concerned for our safety. Peter then handed over the piloting to our son. As mentioned, our son is a teenager, tough to impress, but this experience was a 100% hit! As with past reviewers, we were blown away with the beauty all around us.
My son & I are season's pass-holders at Whistler, so this was a great way for us to show Mom, and from such a fabulous position, where we ski on Whistler/Blackcomb. Very cool to see the runs, albeit with no snow on them, where we rip it up all winter.
We saw glacier fed lakes, an ice glacier, even an avalanche materialized before our eyes, all we kept saying was "WOW"!
Suffice it to say, we recommend Sea to Sky Air to any and all! The professionalism and friendliness of the guys at this small company was perfect for us.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank a k
Thanks for the review! Your luck with the weather has become pretty famous around the office, so we were ecstatic when you were finally able to get up in the air.

Pete loves teaching people about flying, so it was especially great for him to be able to take your son up for his first time in the pilot's seat. And as you said, whether your flying up front, or taking it all in from the backseats, the views are enough to keep anyone in a constant state of awe. Maybe come the winter time we can show mom what the Whistler runs look like when they're covered in snow!

It was truly a pleasure flying with you and your family, and we hope to see you again in the future (and hopefully get you up on your first booking!)

Regards,

The STSA Crew
Saint-Luc, Switzerland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Two Swiss on a cloud”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Driving back to Vancouver to take a flight back home in Switzerland, my wife saw an advertising for the Sea to Sky Air company. We decided to experience a flight with some anxiety. We were wrong. The welcome was friendly and the flight absolutly gorgeous. During the 35 minutes flight we were able to admire the town and its harbour, the vast forests and the numerous lakes, the crests, summit and glaciers. Eric, the pilot, gave us interesting comments and explanations. And the partially cloudy sky added a touch of mystery to the scenery. We were amazed by the comfort provided by such a small plane. My wife took many pics and I made several film shots. A great experience, worth the price.

Visited July 2012
SeaToSkyAir, Public Relations Manager at Sea to Sky Air, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Thanks for the review, Wladimir, and for the pictures. We're glad you and your wife made the time to stop in on your last day in Canada! And thanks for the French lessons, we were a little rusty. We're glad that we could add to your BC experience, and we hope you'll swing by again if you find yourself back in the area in the future. Safe travels and happy blogging!
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Flying over Squamish”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Myself,my niece and a friend, went flying on July 14, 2012 Eric was our pilot, it lasted about 1hour. It was fantastic, you felt like you were in another country, the scenery was perfect, beautiful, untouched by humans. I suffer from Vertigo and thought for sure I would get sick being in such a small plane, but our pilot was great, we had a pleasant ride, it wasnt scary in anyway, you hardly felt like you were flying at all, it felt like you were just gliding along, so peaceful. I asked so many questions and Eric had no problem answering them, it was a pleasure flying with him. I would recommend them over and over again, in fact my son and hubby will be going on a flight with them soon.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Kandie B
SeaToSkyAir, Manager at Sea to Sky Air, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thanks for all the comments, Kandie! It sounds like your flight was really something special for you. We're glad that your vertigo wasn't an issue and that your ride was smooth. They say BC pilots are some of the best in the world. We love showing off all that spectacular BC scenery from the air, and nothing makes us happier than when someone just falls head over heels in love with it. We're lucky to be surrounded by such beauty, and we at Sea to Sky feel lucky to be able to share that with people. We look forward to flying with your son and husband, and we hope to see you out again in the future! Take care.