New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Felt like I was at home... although I wish I had this view from my balcony!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites

Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Sidney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Alberta
“Felt like I was at home... although I wish I had this view from my balcony!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2011

I reviewed this hotel online and was a little skeptical at first, when I arrived I had an oceanview room on the second floor (top floor). This hotel is very quaint and is so comfortable! The room amenities were fantastic! There's was even a little fake fireplace, desk, table, couch, mini-fridge with apple slices and a breakfast quesadilla, very comfortable white linen robes and the bed... well the bed was extremely comfortable.

The view was priceless, a very quiet area right on the pier and the best location. I walked all over Sidney and had dinner a long the pier at a local pub which was fantastic. Less than a one minute walk behind the hotel is the boardwalk a long the pier, they have a small beach called "Glass Beach". Many years ago there was a cannery above the beach and somehow jars from the cannery got swept out to sea. The beach is filled with beach glass, for those of you who aren't familiar with beach glass it's glass that has been weathered by the sea and is soft around the edges. Therefore the beach is safe for children and your pets to enjoy.

There is a nice grocery store directly across the street, liquor store on the next building and everything else you want close by. For being a 40+ year old inn & spa it certainly has been maintained magificently.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank emailgreg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2011

I spent a night here alone in November/10 (on business) and enjoyed it so much my hubby and I came back for two nights for our anniversary in January. When they heard it was our anniversary they upgraded us to an amazing suite at no extra cost -- and our original room was already pretty nice! The manager and front desk manager were both on site and very helpful and friendly, and our stay exceeded all our expectations -- a great breakfast waiting in the fridge, watching sailboats go by while soaking in the jet tub, handy shopping. We''ll absolutely go back -- soon, I hope!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Nanaimo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2010

My husband and I stay often for business in Sidney and this is where we choose to stay!
These people go the extra mile for you and the front desk staff are always helpful and cheerful.
On one of our recent trips the iron provided in the room that my husband used on his shirt (for a meeting) had caused some marks. My husband complained to the front desk. The manager told us to go out and purchase a replacement shirt for which they would pay. The manager was very apologetic and explained that not many people probably use the iron and therefore he would check the condition of the irons more often.

Upon returning to our room at the end of the day's work, the shirt was found in our closet dry cleaned and ready to use - and the mark had been removed. Our iron was also replaced with a cleaner one. So we did not have to bother to purchase a new shirt and were very happy. However, we are positive if we had purchased a shirt they still would have paid for it!

Outstanding service on every level. When we stay in Sidney on Vancouver Island we stay here as it is like a home away from home.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

well we arrived tired and hungry after getting on the ferry etc., so though we wouldn't drive loads so chose to go to Sidney. I think there were only 2 places you could stay in this town and Sydney Waterfront was where we found ourselves anyway, we had the cheapest room which was nearly $200 not up for any sort of discount, this wasn't for a deluxe seaview, we got to look at the side of the local supermarket, the guy also handed us a basket with breakfast, juice, apple and a frozen frisbee which looked totally disgusting. The room despite the lack of view was comfortable and shower was fine, that's really all you need but this was too much to pay, obviously can charge what they like as think the only other accomodation was a 'great western' which was probably more i expect.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank raywheeler
Southern Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

My sister and I spent four nights at the Sidney Waterfront. We asked for a standard waterfront room but they were all booked. So they offered us a deluxe waterfront room in the Cannery Bldg at the corporate rate which made it possible for us. The accomodations were very pleasant. Our room overlooked the waterfront walkway and the small beach. The location was perfect as you can walk comfortably to much of Sidney's commerce center. The service was gracious as well. I would highly recommend this inn.

• Stayed June 2010
2 Thank floatinhome
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2010

The hotel staff were very pleasant and attentive to ensuring my stay was enjoyable, which it was. The room was clean and tidy, with a refrigerator and a microwave. A small balcony large enough for a table and chairs overlooking the water was a bonus. Walking trails and piers right outside the hotel provided instant access to the waterfront. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Zirkminsky
Vancouver, British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

This was my third stay at Sidney Waterfront Inn - all for only 1 or 2 days. I haven't stayed in the older part, but the Cannery building is fabulous! The bathroom has both a walk-in shower and a big jetted tub from which you can see the ocean! I love the little balcony and have spent some of each stay there wrapped up in a blanket enjoying tea and a good book from a deck chair. It was totally quiet and peaceful. The new flat screen TV's have a built-in DVD player, so I was able to watch a movie in bed with the fireplace on - so cozy. My room had a king-size bed and a queen-size hide-a-bed along with kitchen, fireplace, table & chairs, and coffee table. The included breakfast was nothing to write home about, but it was healthy and adequate (juice, fruit, frozen breakfast quesadilla).

The staff was quite helpful and let me in early (1:00 p.m.) so I was able to enjoy my full day there. Dinner in the restaurant below was very nice - staff were very accomodating with my food allergy.

The Spa is genuinely terrific! They have won many awards and deservedly so. I splurged on a massage (make sure to book ahead) that was a great start to my little getaway on the Island.

All in all, a great place to relax, enjoy the seaview and get away from it all!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Flute_Teacher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidney
0.1 km away
#3 of 53 in Victoria
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,056 reviews
0.8 km away
Travelodge Victoria Airport

Been to Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!