All reviews lieutenant governor summer home under new management heritage building freshly baked croissants working hard delightful breakfast vancouver island valentine's day short notice british columbia continental breakfast victoria airport francis hosts marina bc
Reviewed April 21, 2017

Went there last night for supper with my family. The food and service were absolutely incredible. Nothing was too much trouble for them. My wife and I also stayed the night, the room was very spacious, the bed extremely comfortable, view outstanding of the boats and harbour. Very quiet property in beautiful gardens, would recommend it for anyone. We will be going back, soon I hope !

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

I took two friends to The Latch for dinner last night and the three of us left very pleased with the experience. The restaurant is under new management since November and it is a husband-and-wife team currently running the restaurant. Robert is in the kitchen and his wife Mammy is serving.

The current menu is quite limited and not at all what appears on the website which is in the process of being redone. At first we were not too optimistic that it would be a good meal but we were very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food and the presentation.

I think once they get a little extra help in the kitchen and get a little busier, the menu will flesh out and become quite popular.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

The hotel has a nice and historical atmosphere. The walls were thin between rooms and could here the people talking in The other room. The location is close to the Victoria airport, and is close to the water and harbour. The owners were negative upon arrival and said they couldnt wait to get out of the business as they just sold it. Not really soothing you should say to guests upon arrival. Also, they explained they didn't have enough food to eat at their restaurant when we inquired about the restaurant. They did put out the continental breakfast early as we had a early flight. 3.5 stars.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

my husband and I went to the latch inn and restaurant and had a wonderful dinner.The food was amazing and the service was great. I must say the desert was the best I've ever had,it was a chocolate lava cake.Highly recommend!

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2016

We had a great stay with the new owners Jennifer & Ken. They are very gracious and welcoming. The home is beautiful and close to downtown Sidney. The bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious. The bathroom while functional could use a bit of an update. It had a tub with a hand held shower sprayer so one hand soaping one hand spraying is a little tricky. Breakfast was yogurt, fresh bread, homemade jams and a nice fruit plate.

Date of stay: September 2016