“I love everything about this place... except the coffee!”

Serious Coffee Sidney
Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Sidney
Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

I adore this coffee shop! It is clean and wonderful and attractive and comfortable, the staff is great, and it features an egg salad sandwich stuffed with an entire church supper’s worth of egg salad.

The problem is the coffee roast is horribly burnt. The huge cappuccino took an inordinate amount of sugar to just render it barely drinkable and I wasn’t able to finish it as the bitterness just devastated my taste buds.

Coffee should not be bile, folks, get SERIOUS and switch to a roast that isn’t sewage water!

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

After getting off the B C Ferry, we stopped in Sidney to see if our favorite "out of town" coffee shop was as good as we had remembered it.
We were NOT disappointed. My mocha was perfection, especially the temperature. My husband's cappuccino was just the way he liked it. Then we tasted their freshly made egg salad sandwich. Pure perfection!!
Puts this place on the itinerary for every repeat visit to Vancouver Island...

1  Thank NachoMama520
Reviewed January 3, 2018

The coffee is good, the service is friendly but I always order coffee to go, the atmosphere in the space is so dark and the furniture is not comfortable.

1  Thank KDSVictoria
Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

We go with regularity to Serious Coffee with a group of friends; sometimes there are 6 of us & sometimes there are up to 16 of us. The owner (Cathy) & our regular baristas’ Felicity, Heather & Angela are friendly, beyond helpful, prompt, & do great art on our coffees. One of our group is gluten free & enjoys their poppy seed cake & I’ve been introduced to Almond milk latte (yum)

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Stop for a coffee and a snack or some homemade soup, comfortable seating and a great place to meet friends.