Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sam M
Winnipeg, Canada

Poor cleanliness/Friendly Staff

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 5, 2013
I stayed at the Traveller's Rest Motel on Aug 29, 2013 and found the experience quite dissatisfying. Although it is a motel and most people would say "you get what you pay for," I have to say that Ive stayed at better ones that get 5 stars.

Now, the positive feedback:

-Friendly manager who showed me the couple of rooms available, which looked fine at a glance

Improvements:

-CLEANLINESS: Bed shoes had hairs and furniture was dusty, thus, sheets need to be changed every time the room is rented and furniture needs to be dusted here in then

Lastly, although they advertise "free internet," this one didn't work. I could probably let this one slip since you are in a mountainous zone.
Date of stay: August 2013
Room Tip: Ask manager to show you the room and check for things like clean bed sheets
Trip type: Travelled solo
8.5 km from Traveller's Rest Motel
Office
    6.8 km from Traveller's Rest Motel
    View more hotels in Salmon Arm
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed August 17, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the travellers rest. As mentioned prior, the room was very basic but the new manager was very consciousness of our needs: ensuring we had ice for drinks, clean towels and enough coffee for our early morning departure!! The room was very clean, especially the bathroom, and shower which was very important. The highway is right out front which can be noisy but with chairs to sit outside and fresh mountain air, it can't get better than that. I will definitely be stopping in to this hidden spot next time I'm in BC; I appreciate developing a relationship with the hotel manager rather than just being another tenant in a motel!!Thanks Kelly!

Room tip: I would be specific on what you are looking for, the manager was very accommodating to our needs
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    2  Thank TayaNaples
    Reviewed August 16, 2013

My kids and I stayed there this past week and had a great time. The room was clean and comfortable, and had everything we needed. The new manager went out of her way to ensure we had everything we required, and her friendliness and big smile made us very happy we had chosen the Traveller.s Rest Motel. The Motel is a little older and basic, but has everything you need for a comfortable stay, and the new management is certainly doing what it takes to make it better. I would recommend this Motel to anyone who is looking for a comfortable and friendly place to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
    1  Thank Jerry D
    Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Travellers Rest motel this past weekend and had a great experience. Our room was clean, comfortable and very well maintained. The new management is doing an excellent job, and any inquiries we had were met with genuine concern for our comfort. This motel is working hard to pick up their reputation and I would say that are succeeding vastly. The rooms are basic, but if that's all you're looking for, this motel has my full recommendation.

Trip type: Travelled with family
    3  Thank Lindset
    Reviewed April 26, 2013

we had a great time.we was with family and room rates were so reasonable.everything was well positioned.service was really good.location is quite good far from city so you can enjoy some peaceful family moments.looking forward to come back again and surely gonna recommend to friends nd family.

Date of stay: April 2013
    2  Thank darren1150
    Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was my worst experience in a hotel. The room was dirty, there were hairs in the bed, the blankets were stained. The kitchenette had very few dishes, and what was there were filthy. The coffee cups were stuck to the cupboard, and one had ashes in it. The pullout coach was full of bugs. The staff was unavailable most of the time, and were unwilling to assist. Do not stay here.

Date of stay: April 2013