“Good Enough” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Revelstoke
New York, NY
“Good Enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

It's not the most amazing place I've stayed in, but it did the trick. The beds were good and the room was fine. The pub was great and breakfast was good as well. But I think it's a bit expensive for what it is. If it was $80-$90 per night including breakfast, I'd give a 4-5 star review, but for $120 plus $10pp for breakfast, I think the place is overpriced for what it is. For example, the next place we stayed at was the Hume Hotel in Nelson - it was nicer and also cheaper with breakfast included.
I'd probably stay at the Powder Springs again on a guys trip, but maybe not with the wife.

1 Thank marcs44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Cobourg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

First time at the PSI, I'll be returning next year for sure for the same 5 day ski trip. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfy and the staff is accommodating and friendly. A full, hot breakfast buffet provides one with all the calories for a day on the mountain. The pub attached to the hotel is fantastic, tons of good live music, great food, great prices for a pint with daily specials. Contrary to other reviews, I found the atmosphere to be relaxed and peaceful, i slept well every night there and whatever i needed was immediately provided without question. Well done PSI, looking forward to next season!

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I've stayed here for the past 5 years for my annual ski weekend and love it. No it's not new, yes it can be noisy, and you'll find a whole cast of characters staying here.
The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the people are nice. The hot tub feels good after a day on the hill, breakfast is hot and there is lots of it. Fly and Michelle are awesome guides, they will show you terrain that is hidden from view but has untracked snow (don't forget to tip them).
The food and service at The Last Drop is the best value in town. The burgers are delicious.
If you are fussy, and you need new everything, go elsewhere, leave this place for me.

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Its 12:00 midnight and I can hear the party at The Last Drop (the hotel pub) rite now. The smoking area is in between the pub and hotel witch is stupid if you ask me. You can hear drunk people hootin and hollering all night long. Tonight someone brought a dog to add to the noise. The staff are rude and not very helpful at all. Saying " it's pretty hard to keep an eye on what everyone is doing" then they offered to buy me a drink.if its so hard to keep controle, how does every other hotel in the world do it? When the smokers open the door from the pub, the music leaks out and vibrates your bed. Not bad from a hundred bucks a night. This place is a joke. It kinda sucks being up until after 2:00am and then having you next day of riding ruined from no rest. Not to mention its a total dump. The rooms stink and you can't open the window without the noise level going up ever farther. I've read other reviews that are good, and I can only say that I'm sure it friends or family that are writing them. I wouldn't recommend this place to an enemy. The shower will burn you and then freeze you and then burn you agian. Sleep in your car, you'll get better sleep and it won't cost as much. If it was possible to give zero stars I would. Also understand this, I spend over a hundred days a year traveling and this is the worst spot I've ever found. I've never written a review either. I just feel that people need to hear about this terrible experience. The room was clean. The location was good. I feel bad for saying negative things but it's for the better good.

Room Tip: The rooms at another hotel would be better
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Aaaaaaaawaaaaa
Beaumont, Alberta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed here in January 2012. Looks very dingy on the outside. Upon entering the lobby it seemed quite cozy and quaint, so I was hopeful. Front desk staff were rude and caddy. First one i spoke to was Very hesitant to grab 3 shower towels for me (our room was stocked with 1 towel, but 4 guests were staying in the room). Second one I spoke to was very unfriendly. I waited in line to ask a question as she seemed to be chatting with a friend (making plans for the night). When I finally interrupted after a few minutes to ask a question she told me to come back later because she was busy with someone. Last front desk staff I spoke to was extremely helpful. Very inconsistent.

Rooms are very outdated, which would be fine if they were a little cleaner. Microwave was not wiped. There was a used bar of soap leftover in the dish in the shower from the previous guest.

The first night our room had little heat. Spoke to other guests in our group and they experienced same problem in other rooms. Walls are very thin. I'm a heavy sleeper and could hear everything.

I won't be staying here again and would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank watson4567
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

Clean, close to attractions, good breakfast, comfy bed. Would stay there again and recomend to others

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

There's a lot to like about this centrally located Inn, within easy walking distance of Revelstoke's whole downtown. The rooms are very clean, spacious and oak-beamed. The lobby has several spacious sitting areas - one with a fireplace. There are display cases scattered around the halls and lobby, showing pictures and artifacts from the region's history. Staying here is like staying at a lovely ski lodge.
There's a continental breakfast offered in yet another spacious, gracious dining area on the weekdays. On weekends, your booking includes a full buffet breakfast. The Inn also has its own attached restaurant that opens early and stays open until past midnight. That's a huge plus, because, like most smaller towns, the streets are generally "rolled up" after 6:00 PM - with no restaurants or stores remaining open. But here we could go into the restaurant (either their indoor dining area or their large outdoor cafe) and enjoy hearty English pub fare (good shepherd's pie) and a wide selection of wines and beers.
On the negative side, my room tended to be rather noisy. I was on the bottom floor and I'd be awakened several times each night by some spiking noise from above. It sounded as if someone was right in the room with me! But it always turned out to be just the fact that even the slightest sound of someone walking across the floor of the room overhead - carried through into my quarters.
Then there was the gentle rumble of the trains going through town most of the night. The train tracks are just about 2 blocks away. But I personally found that to be a soothing sound.
The A.C didn't work in my room, and I had to laboriously re-program the TV remote to get it to work. It also took me quite a while to figure out how to get the coffee maker to work. I finally discovered that it wouldn't start unless I turned on the light switch right by the entrance to the room. I guess a number of hotels/motels are wired that way. Certain appliances are on circuits that don't work unless you turn on the main light switch.
Then the desk clerk was just a bit crisp with me. When some other residents at the Inn asked me if I knew where they could find a launromat, I shared my discovery of one on a nearby side street. (Finding a laundromat in a downtown location when you are traveling is like finding gold!) I then suggested to the clerk that they include this information in their individual room information booklets. Or, I suggested I could print out a note to future residents in my room. The clerk rather snappily advised me to do no such thing. She said that it was HER job to advise residents about their needs.
Finally, I was a bit disappointed to see that my room only had one narrow slit of a window looking out onto the Inn's expansive parking lot. I wonder if rooms on the second floor might have had better views. It was a shame not to be able to see the mountains in this beautiful region.
Overall though, this was a lovely, clean, convenient place offering rooms at a good price. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends