All reviews the pub in town place to stay bit dated passes downtown powder upgrades skiing bc banff
Reviewed July 25, 2018

Nice and clean rooms! We were just passing through but great help at the counter. They have a pub right there and so we were completely taken care of with out leaving the premises. Next morning traveled just a few blocks for a great breakfast on then on our way.

Date of stay: July 2018
Supervisor-PSI, Front Desk at Powder Springs Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Thanks for the excellent review! I'm pleased to hear that you had a good experience with us and that you were well accommodated. I hope you come visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

The front desk people were very welcoming. The hotel seemed clean and was quiet. We enjoyed eating in the pub that was part of the hotel. They had live music out on the patio later. We were close to the downtown district and walked over to check things out. There was live music that was very well done in the plaza. We would stay at this motel again. There were 7 of us in our party and we were traveling on motorcycles.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Supervisor-PSI, Front Desk at Powder Springs Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Powder Springs! I'm glad that you enjoyed the hotel and pub and I hope we see you and your party of 7 here again in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

I stayed here with my dog on July 9/18. Although the facility could do with some upgrades I found it to be much better than some of the reviews have indicated. Every staff person I encountered was super helpful, friendly and professional. The food was excellent in the attached pub, which now has a license to serve families with children until 10:00 pm, and the free music on the patio was also very good.
My only complaint was the additional cost for my dog, which at $23 is more than I have experienced at other hotels. However, the overall cost of the room was still great value.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Supervisor-PSI, Front Desk at Powder Springs Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you come back in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2018

We ended up staying here as a last resort in the pouring rain when our other hotel turned out to not be pet friendly.

This hotel didn't look too bad outside but once you get inside you will see that things are not even at a minimum standard. Wifi does not work at all, and neither did 3 out of 4 lightbulbs in the room, and the clock radio died after about an hour.

It was so dark in the room, that we just went to sleep and got it over with. The reception person tried to be helpful and said she was giving me all the discounts she could but at over 150.00 for a miniscule room, I was really disappointed. No where to eat on site or close by other than the pub, which doesn' t really work with children.

The room was stifling hot, and the floors offered no sound insulation from the people upstairs. yucky old carpets were stashed in the stairwell.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Supervisor-PSI, Front Desk at Powder Springs Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2018

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay here. The wifi can be difficult to connect to as it is used by so many people, especially in certain areas. If any lightbulbs did not work there are extras in the hotel to replace them. If you were wanting dinner, it is at most a five minute walk to the following restaurants: Emos Restaurant, Kawakubo Japanese Restaurant, Frisby Ridge, Padrino's Pizzeria, Nico's Pizzeria, Paramjit's Kitchen, Quartermaster Eatery, and The Village Idiot, and more. For breakfast, which we unfortunately don't serve, here is a list of more nearby places: The Modern Bakeshop and Cafe, Mountain Meals, La Baguette Cafe, Main Street Cafe, Dose Coffee, Big Bend Cafe, and Woolsey Creek Bistro. The person working front desk is always available to recommend and direct guests to places to eat. Front Desk can also move guests to different rooms if theirs are unsatisfactory. Thank you for your critiques.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

I would Never recommend this hotel to anyone. Filthy carpets with rips, bedding had holes in it and didnt look clean, no hair dryers, no coffee makers, walls needed painting, check in people were unprofessional and dressed inappropriately for a check in desk.

The pictures make it look OK but the place is extremely run down.We couldn't wait to checkout in the morning. I also felt a bit unsafe staying here as well. All negative reviews on trip advisor as very accurate.

Yes, its a budget hotel but in my opinion its not worth paying anything for it.

Room tip: Do not stay here.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Supervisor-PSI, Front Desk at Powder Springs Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Dear teresadE4194OK

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay. We will pass your concerns regarding the room to our housekeeping staff who will investigate the damaged items and will be able to rectify any issues.

We have recently taken on some new front desk staff members who perhaps have not yet found the time to purchase enough items that adhere to our dress code, we will send out a reminder to all staff anyway.

Regarding your comment that you felt unsafe, please do contact us with any details you have as we are very concerned about what made you feel this way. We have staff on site 24 hours a day with hourly security checks, sometimes more frequently if the hotel is busy or has particularly rowdy guests in. The city police station over the road also tends to help keep people in line so we would like to reassure you that the hotel is extremely safe.

We hope that you at least enjoyed the beautiful city of Revelstoke and will return in the future.

Kindest regards,