All reviewswafflesstandard queentrain tracksone nightfree breakfastbreakfast room ishard boiled eggslight sleeperflat screen tvcomfortable bedswould definitely stay here againaquatic centerfree passwaffle makerplace to stayovernight stoproad trip
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for a night on our way from lake Louise to Vancouver. Accommodation is of a good standard though rooms are a little small they are adequate for a 1 night stop. Plenty of bars and eating places in town which is about a 10 min walk away. Only downside is railway is close by and you can here the freight trains from about 6:00 which was not a problem for us as we were heading off early.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ntjsmith
Swiss_Chalet_Manager, Owner at Swiss Chalet Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2018

Hi there,
Thank you for your review. We do have a range of room sizes depending on your needs and some of our rooms, such as our corner rooms, tend to be quieter. Please feel free to come and talk to the front desk to ensure all of your needs are met. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here on a one night stop over through the Rockies. Because we were doing a lot of driving, I booked us into the Mackenzie room. It's on the second floor, no elevator and there is a very narrow, incredibly steep set of stairs you have to carry your suitcases up and a narrow balcony with a table and chairs. With our heavy suitcases it wasn't easy but if you just had overnight bags its be fine.

The room is pretty small as is the bathroom but it was very clean and fine for 2 people for 1 night.

Our bed was on the soft side, which my boyfriend's back didn't like but I was fine with it. There were lots of fluffy pillows on the bed.

The 2 person Jacuzzi is awesome! The staff member we met was very friendly and they serve a continental breakfast in the morning. There is also an electric fireplace in the room which I think would be cozy in the winter.

I'd stay here again for the Jacuzzi.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Swiss_Chalet_Manager, Owner at Swiss Chalet Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed the Jacuzzi and that you found the staff to be friendly.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again in the future.

All the best,

Reviewed April 19, 2018

This is an older style motel that has been extensively upgraded.

The rooms are actually quite nice. Laminate floors, nice bedding, lots of pillows, flat screen TV, granite counters in the bathroom, fast wi-fi. Basically everything you could want in what is essentially a stop-over motel.

I daresay the rooms are nicer than rooms in the larger chain motels/lodges that cost much more.

Our room was very clean and the young lady who checked us in was super friendly and helpful.

All in all we had an excellent stay and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

If you are very sensitive to noise there *is* a train track not that far away. I'm a light sleeper and it didn't bother me but you do hear it from time to time.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Swiss_Chalet_Manager, Owner at Swiss Chalet Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for your review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our recent renovations and found the staff to be super friendly and helpful.

Glad to hear the trains didn't bother you too much -- they go by slowly, never blow their whistles as they pass and often go by unnoticed.

We genuinely appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

I've never really been too keen on motels but this one was a pleasant surprise recommended by friends. The rooms are very modern with modern bathrooms. The price is very reasonable especially as you get a continental breakfast included which was very good. Stayed here while skiing at Revelstoke. Drive is about 10 mins away so not far at all and within walking distance to town. Good little find. Will stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Swiss_Chalet_Manager, Owner at Swiss Chalet Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Swiss Chalet Motel. Thank you again for your review.
All the best,

Reviewed April 7, 2018

I stayed here for one night as a solo traveler on a ski vacation. Reception staff were all very welcoming and friendly, and offered helpful information about restaurants, ski bus timetables, etc. However I was incorrectly advised of the bus drop off location (don't get off at 3rd & Taylor!), which meant a very long walk back with ski gear.
The location was reasonable, about a 15 min walk to downtown, and the ski bus collects you right out front, but drops you off about 2 blocks away (if you get off in the correct place).
The bed was so comfortable, and the TV channel selection was great, which made for a very cosy night. Everything was very clean. The included breakfast was also pretty good and appreciated as a part of the stay.
Overall I would stay again, however I might look into something a bit closer to downtown if the prices were comparable.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Hi Jess,
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to read that you found the bed comfortable and the TV channel selection to your liking. There are a couple different drop off locations depending on your plans after the ski hill to suit. Thank you again for your review.