New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Enchanted Forest

The Enchanted Forest
Ranked #3 of 44 things to do in Revelstoke
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine old world fantasy in the magical setting of The Enchanted Forest where you can discover over 350 jolly fairy folk figurines amongst 800 year old cedars. You can climb BC's tallest and grandest tree house, paddle in real beaver ponds with a self guided row boat tour and enjoy a nature walk through a lush forest and boardwalk. In 2010 The Enchanted Forest celebrated its 50th Anniversary and continues to provide a lifetime of wonderful memories. Wonderful family fun! Come and be enchanted and discover the magic!
Alberta
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Fun place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

I've driven by there many times over the years, so finally, we went.
It was fun, and some good exercise.
I would caution though, if you go on the nature hike there are some steep hills--they don't tell you that.
The nature walk though provided a beautiful spot for a picnic lunch, and there are rowboats to use for free at one point--which was fun.

Lots of fun for the kids--lots of stuff to look in, climb and see.

But they should hide the Skytrek part--it makes it look like it's part of the Enchanted forest--one person doing one thing can cost as much as a family at the Enchanted Forest-

But overall--a fun time. And there was a sense of humour used in putting this place together.

Visited July 2011

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So many little things to look at within a beautiful forest environment.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2010

I had passed this attraction before on my way to B.C., so when my girlfriend wanted to stop there during a later vacation, I was interested. The Enchanted Forest immediately brought out the inner child in me as we wondered through display after display. We spent several hours strolling from one display to the next taking unforgettable pictures along the way. All of the hand-made fairy tale inspired figures were amazing from the tiniest of insects to the beanstock climbing giant! This was one of the few dog-friendly attractions that we found on our journey so it was great exercise for our Yorkie.

1 Thank Jouzu
Prince George, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice visit if it is on your way (ours was spoiled by the unpleasant shop tender).”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

Pleasant little walk for a reasonable price.Toddlers will love all the little houses and hiding places which are very nicely built, but fiberglass characters are rather crudely made. We traveled all the way from Banff to visit the forest due to the excellent reviews, but with hindsight I would not have made the journey just for this attraction.

Our otherwise nice visit was ruined by the shop tender as we exited through the cramped shop. While choosing some candy my six year old son's jacket accidentally caught a small bottle of sauce placed at the edge of a one foot high shelf in front of the candy rack. The bottle fell and broke, so my wife and I both apologized (at least three times). However, the tender did not even acknowledge us. Without saying a single word she cleaned the mess up and charged us for the candy and the broken bottle in an unfriendly manner. We did not disagree with paying for the bottle (even considering how it was placed in the already cramped store), but the treatment received was shameful. By this time my wife was no longer ashamed but rather angry and questioned the position of the bottles if people where required to pay for breakages. In the same rude manner she justified her actions saying that it had not happened before. It is a shame that such a kid friendly attraction is attended in this way.

4 Thank Havee
Kamloops, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A colloquial attraction that really is a...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

A colloquial attraction that really is a celebration of local community rather than a world class attraction.

The back story of how the Enchanted Forest came into existence is delightful. I'll leave it to you to research the place for yourself.

As an out of town visitor, once you get over the very twee statues that line the self-guided tour there is plenty of things to do especially for a young family.

The hightlight for my wife and I was the nature walk not least because it gives you access to

2 Thank GoGoKam
Calgary
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“So much fun for the little ones!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

My 2 year old enjoyed this place like nowhere we've ever been before. He got in each and everyone of the little houses. He sat in the tiny chairs they had. He lied down in the beds others had. He posed to take pictures with his favorite characters. We had always seen the spot but never stopped there before. We'll certainly go back next time we're in the area.

1 Thank Xiuzolli