“Fantastic Family Friendly Hotel”

Best Western Plus Barclay Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Port Alberni
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We have stayed here twice as a family for sporting events. Without exception, the service has been excellent. Rooms are spacious. Staff are friendly. There is never a wait at the front desk or the restaurant. This is particularly impressive because the hotel was almost totally booked both times I stayed. Excellent quality and service here!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ali G
BWBarclayGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Barclay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Dear Ali G,

Let me start by thanking you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property. Even though you rated us highly, rest assured we will continue to improve our product and services.

We hope you enjoyed your time in the Alberni Valley and your expectations of our property were met.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. It is our goal at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Barclay Hotel and we take great pride to bring the level of this hotel above our competitors. We will always have that commitment to our valued guests to continually improve our product and the service that goes along with it.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 800-563-6590.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Peter G. Mugleston
BEST WESTERN PLUS Barclay Hotel

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Barclay Hotel

Reviewed 12 December 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Barclay very much. The hotel staff were friendly and assisted us with our reservations and travel plans. The room was spacious and clean. The restaurant was very family accomodating. We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear Linda,

Let me start by thanking you for your comments. Our guest’s input is greatly appreciated so we can continually improve to give our valued guests a better stay.

I am glad that we could assist you with your travel plans and your expectations of our product were met.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 800-563-6590.

Best Regards,

Peter G. Mugleston
BEST WESTERN PLUS Barclay Hotel

Reviewed 18 November 2011

When I travel to Port Alberni for work I stay at the Best Western Barclay. The rooms are clean, the staff are polite, and the food is good.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank bmather
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My daughter and I spend a few weekends a year travelling for skating competitions. Each one involves a stay in a hotel (hopefully near the rink!). The first thing my dd said when we arrived at the Barclay was, "This is way nicer than the last place we stayed!". Everyone was so friendly, and helpful (including lending us a pair of scissors to cut "skate tape" as we had left ours at home). Competitors need to be at their best for competition and staying away from home is just part of the game, so finding a place you can relax and feel at home is a high priority. The Barclay did a great job hosting many skaters, families, coaches and officials the weekend we were there. Thank you so much! We will be back again for sure!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My husband and I made a two night trip to Port Alberni in order to go to the McLean Heritage Mill and to sail on the Frances Barclay to Ucluelet at the end of August 2011. We chose this hotel because it was close to the Harbour Quay. We enjoyed our stay. The hotel was spotless, the room comfortable, the staff were very friendly and our meals in the restaurant were great.

Room Tip: Check out the Online Specials.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Linda G
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We have stayed at this great hotel many times, and had several different rooms and have never had a room that was not comfortable and clean. The meals in the restaurant and pub were very good and reasonable. The hotel is not to far from the casino, which is nice for those that like to play the slots.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ted P
Reviewed 19 September 2011

An except of a letter I sent to the GM: I was recently in Port Alberni and had occasion to make use of the facilities of your hotel. While camping at Sproat Lake, I needed to make a conference call with the Executive Committee of the organisation I run in Hong Kong. Your staff were friendly, outgoing and efficient! They facilitated my making my call and I was also the recipient of your hospitality at your restaurant. The quesidillas were first class!

Your director of sales and the front desk staff were wonderful in accommodating me. Unfortunately, I don't get by Port Alberni too often. However, my parents live in Sidney and had occasion to visit after I forgot my Blackberry charger and your team once again came to the rescue.

[Since returning home], I have been talking up my visit and that your hotel was great in helping me get business done halfway around the world.

Room Tip: Did make use of the rooms on this visit.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
12.8 km away
Sproat Lake Landing Resort
Sproat Lake Landing Resort
#2 of 13 in Port Alberni

Been to Best Western Plus Barclay Hotel? Share your experiences!