We stayed here for my birthday last March (2011) and I was so pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The units are clean!, well stocked, huge, and comfortable. I particularly love having a kitchen in a place we stay because we have a child and it's just easier for us as a family. The cottage we stayed in allowed our dog and that was just wonderful. For the price of a hotel, we had so much freedom. I loved walking my dog around the complex and down the street. It's not far from a beach, but yes, it's not ON the beach. However, you get spoiled with what you are renting compared with other places. We all slept peacefully and the grounds were quiet and well kept. I don't think I'd recommend staying in a cottage directly on the street side. I would give this place a 5 star, but the pool was very cold. It was March and not warm outside by any means, so the pool should really have been heated to at least two degrees warmer. It was cold - I didn't go in it and my 5 year old and husband couldn't stand it for too long before they ended up in the hot tub with me. Other guests were complaining about this too, so it wasn't just us. However, overall, the place was amazing and we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanside Village is a convenient Parksville resort situated on a beautiful 15 acre property offering various styles/sizes of new cottages sleeping from 1-8 persons in Parksville's resort area. Each cottage boasts all the comforts of home, coming fully equipped with 6 appliances, 2-3 TV's, DVD players, large open concept rooms with vaulted ceilings and field stone fireplaces. Enjoy the outdoors on your front and back decks which come with patio furniture and your own BBQ. This unique development features thoughtfully designed luxury cottages within easy walking distance to nearby lush forest trails and miles of sandy beaches to explore Rathtrevor Provincial Park. Located within our Resort is an indoor pool with hot tub and fitness centre. Also a Day Spa & Salon, Tea/Coffee House & Clothing Boutique. Riptide Lagoon Adventure Park is located next door and our area also hosts four first class golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oceanside Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanside Village Hotel Parksville
- Oceanside Village Resort Parksville, Vancouver Island