Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Genevah H
San Francisco Bay Area, California

Misleading advertising about their amenities: resort needs to be more transparent

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 9, 2023via mobile
We chose to extend our time in Vancouver Island and stay at Beach Club Resort because our kids love to stand up paddle board. On the resort’s webpage, paddle boarding is listed as the very first on the list of amenities, and a photo of a guest paddle boarding is featured prominently on their webpage.

When I checked in on Saturday afternoon, I saw the sign at the concierge’s desk that stated paddle boards need to be reserved in advance. The concierge then informed me that I needed to get up at 7 am the next morning and check in at that time to make paddle board reservations for the next day.

I followed the staff’s instructions, got up at 6:30 am, and was at the front desk by 6:45. They asked me to wait for the valet to arrive at 7 am. The valet never arrived, but a different front desk staff member came out and then told me that paddle boards would not be available that day because the tides were too low for paddle boarding that day. This was extremely confusing to me as a guest because why didn’t the hotel staff tell me this the night before instead of instructing me to show up at 7 am to reserve a paddle board?

When I shared this with the front desk person, she gave the excuse that the tides are always changing, but this does not make sense, as tide tables are known well in advance.

The staff member then went on to state that tides need to be at last 5 m in order for guests to paddle board. She suggested that we go to Qualicum Beach instead because the tides were always higher there. If I had known that the tides are consistently too low for paddle boarding at Beach Club Resort in July, then I would have booked lodging at Qualicum Beach.

The resort needs to be more transparent about their policies with regard to the paddle boards. If paddle boards are unavailable unless tides reach 5 meters, this policy should be posted on the webpage, so that guests can check the tide charts and find out whether paddle boards will be available during their stay in Parksville. It should also be posted at the front desk and concierge desk, with an explanation of the safety rationale, so that guests don’t waste their time, as I did,
getting up early to reserve a paddle board when there was no point in doing so for the duration of their stay.

When I shared this feedback with the front desk staff, they shared that they were merely “underlings” and could do nothing about making this policy more transparent.
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Front desk in our hotel lobby
C$337
  • Booking.com
0.7 km from The Beach Club Resort
0.7 km from The Beach Club Resort
Free parking
Some rooms with two beds, some with kitchenettes. Free internet.
C$259
  • Algotels
4.1 km from The Beach Club Resort
View more hotels in Parksville
1,688 results
All reviews underground parking one bedroom suite ocean view full kitchen beach front washer and dryer vancouver island pool and hot tub beautiful location coffee maker boardwalk summer patio bc laundry robes sand
Selected filters
Reviewed June 17, 2023

Booked a stay June 16-20th with my family, and I have been to this hotel a few times before this trip and have always been impressed with cleanliness. However, this time there was coffee left in the coffee pot, water left in the bathtub (with hair from the prior user) and some kind of coffee splatter mess all over the wall where people sit at the counter. I'm sure this is just due to the lack of staff, everyone is suffering. I don't blame the housekeeper, I think if they perhaps paid housekeeping a bit more they would maybe attract more staff and they would have time to properly clean the rooms. I'm not a complainer so I won't complain, but I just wanted to warn on here that the hotel cleanliness has dropped in the last year or so, I've been coming for a few years with friends and this is the worse I've ever seen it.

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2023

I stayed at the Beach Club Resort while I was attending a conference at the hotel.

The hotel lobby is spacious and has adequate seating. Took under 10 minutes to check in. The room I received was a Studio 2 Queens beds with balcony facing the ocean. Most of the rooms have a balcony attached. The studio was clean and a descent size. Room comes with Mini-Fridge, Microwave, and cupboards. The bathroom is average size. Enough for 2 people Wireless Internet is available throughout the resort.

The resort has Pacific Prime Steak Restaurant attached with in-door dining and outside dining overlooking the ocean. Restaurant is right on the Parksville boardwalk. Highly recommend to reserve a table outside on the patio. Beautiful views of the ocean and specially the sunsets.

Resort is located in the center of Parksville. Close to little knickknack stores.

While there, all staff were friendly and helpful. Will stay again.

Points of Interests:

Thrifty Foods: 3 minute or 12 minute walk

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Island_Man20
Reviewed June 3, 2023 via mobile

I can’t say enough great things about this resort! First of all, the team there is truly amazing! I stay here for business on a regular basis and they truly make me feel at home. The hotel is extremely clean, the restaurant is amazing and all the staff are very friendly! I wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Parksville or Nanaimo! The boardwalk is just the icing on the cake!

Room tip: They will accommodate large pick up trucks with valet parking.
Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2023

Went for a quick getaway for a couple of days and was very impressed with this resort. Although we only had a partial ocean view from our suite, it was still a wonderful view of the beach as well as the boardwalk. The reception staff was very helpful, but a special shout-out to the server at the restaurant. When we awkwardly asked if it were possible to have someone in the kitchen warm up a heating pad, she told us the hotel will supply a microwave to our room if we asked for one at the reception desk. A very short time later, the microwave was delivered to our room. Good service, indeed!

The boardwalk and beach was a stone's throw from the hotel. What a great relaxing time away. I would recommend this resort to anyone!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2023

This resort went all out to satisfy all the conference guests. Food was the best we have had in years. Hats off to the new Chef. I highly recommend this Resort for anyone wanting a relaxing and luxurious stay.

• Trip type: Travelled on business