Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sunshine576554
York, United Kingdom

The Beach Club Parksville

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 5, 2023
Just stayed one night on the way to Tofino but had a very pleasant stay. Lovely room in the tower with a partial view of the beach from the balcony. Very peaceful and good food in the restaurant. We loved walking on the boardwalk
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    C$179
  • Vio.com
0.7 km from The Beach Club Resort
Free parking
Some rooms with two beds, some with kitchenettes. Free internet.
C$259
  • Vio.com
3.3 km from The Beach Club Resort
View more hotels in Parksville
1,688 results
All reviews underground parking one bedroom suite ocean view full kitchen beach front washer and dryer vancouver island pool and hot tub beautiful location coffee maker boardwalk summer patio bc laundry robes sand
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2023 via mobile

Our stay was fantastic! Beautiful place, very clean, excellent food! Outstanding customer service from Drew, Sharon and Hailey, their customer service and professionalism are immpecable.
Just a few suggestions: screendoors on the sliding door in the balcony and windows. Toilet paper holder was loose, shower seal. Note pad and pen

Room tip: Shouldn't allow small children in hot tub. Should have swimming hours for adults and children. It gets very loud!!
Reviewed August 13, 2023 via mobile

We are repeat customers who have visited multiple times, and have seen a downward spiral in quality. We won’t be staying here again.
We booked two rooms for our family trip. Due to rain, we asked to check in early. we were told we would be given a call, but the phone call never came.
We stayed for more than one night. When we ran out of items in the room like shampoo and called the front desk, we had to wait for hours.
We decided to go to the beach. My wife called housekeeping, so that our room could be cleaned while we stepped out. when we came back, nothing had been done. When my wife called reception, she was told our room had not been a “priority”. I kid you not. We were actually told we were not a priority.
On the day of the check out, I discussed my concerns. There was a blank stare and fake apology. There was no adjustment to the bill for the bad customer service and experience.
For us, the decline in the hotel happened during Covid. It used to be a great hotel, but our personal experience has been a complete decline of quality of customer service and standards. We won’t be staying here again and I don’t recommend this place. We have decided we will look at other hotels in area instead.

Room tip: I don’t recommend this hotel due to my personal experience
1  Thank Rajinder S
Reviewed August 3, 2023

Do NOT go here. I talked to one of the cleaning staff and there is one guy on staff who leaves the dirty sheets on the beds! He does not put fresh laundry on the beds!!!! I am so disgusted. You've been warned!

Reviewed July 26, 2023

After hours of road closure with 2 young kids, and $ 500.00 later, Conceirge sent us to the wrong room ( occupied )! And when I went back to complain, got the "look" with zero apologies 🤦🏻‍♂️ enough to ruin the experience

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 864manih
Reviewed July 9, 2023 via mobile

We chose to extend our time in Vancouver Island and stay at Beach Club Resort because our kids love to stand up paddle board. On the resort’s webpage, paddle boarding is listed as the very first on the list of amenities, and a photo of a guest paddle boarding is featured prominently on their webpage.

When I checked in on Saturday afternoon, I saw the sign at the concierge’s desk that stated paddle boards need to be reserved in advance. The concierge then informed me that I needed to get up at 7 am the next morning and check in at that time to make paddle board reservations for the next day.

I followed the staff’s instructions, got up at 6:30 am, and was at the front desk by 6:45. They asked me to wait for the valet to arrive at 7 am. The valet never arrived, but a different front desk staff member came out and then told me that paddle boards would not be available that day because the tides were too low for paddle boarding that day. This was extremely confusing to me as a guest because why didn’t the hotel staff tell me this the night before instead of instructing me to show up at 7 am to reserve a paddle board?

When I shared this with the front desk person, she gave the excuse that the tides are always changing, but this does not make sense, as tide tables are known well in advance.

The staff member then went on to state that tides need to be at last 5 m in order for guests to paddle board. She suggested that we go to Qualicum Beach instead because the tides were always higher there. If I had known that the tides are consistently too low for paddle boarding at Beach Club Resort in July, then I would have booked lodging at Qualicum Beach.

The resort needs to be more transparent about their policies with regard to the paddle boards. If paddle boards are unavailable unless tides reach 5 meters, this policy should be posted on the webpage, so that guests can check the tide charts and find out whether paddle boards will be available during their stay in Parksville. It should also be posted at the front desk and concierge desk, with an explanation of the safety rationale, so that guests don’t waste their time, as I did,
getting up early to reserve a paddle board when there was no point in doing so for the duration of their stay.

When I shared this feedback with the front desk staff, they shared that they were merely “underlings” and could do nothing about making this policy more transparent.

Date of stay: July 2023