Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
C$129
Fully refundable before Fri, Mar 8
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

Great place to unwind. Plenty of parking, clean rooms that come with a kitchenette. Fabulous staff.
Quiet location, with a Serious Coffee Shop across the street. 4 minutes to town. 20 minutes from Nanaimo.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Jackie A, Owner at Arbutus Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

This is a great review of the Arbutus Grove Motel here in Parksville and I would like to thank-you for taking the time to write this for us. We work hard to provide the best experience possible for our guests. We are so happy you appreciate our little Motel and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2017

Super clean room and very comfy bed. Friendly staff were helpful for knowledge of gems in the local areas. I was on a quiet break by myself and took in Cathedral Grove, Coombs, Rathtrevor beach and browsed Parksville. I would stay here again, thank you :)

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Jackie A, Owner at Arbutus Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

Dear Linda C.
So happy to hear your enjoyed yourself at our little motel while you were visiting beautiful Parksville. We are so handy to all the tourist locations such as the ones you visited. It is a remarkable place. Goats on the Roof in Coombs is a destination in itself and only minutes away from us. The beauty of Rathtrevor Beach, so undisturbed, is just minutes away. We are grateful you took the time to let others know. Thank-you and please come again.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

We stayed for one night on the way to Tofino rather than staying in Nanaimo. Very resonable price, greeted by sweet friendly staff. The room was clean and nice, well kept up establishment. Would stay again

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jackie A, Owner at Arbutus Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2017

Hi Karli K, thank-you for taking the time to write this awesome review for our motel. This is such good information for travellers from all over the country. So many people are using these reviews now to book their rooms so we really appreciate your thoughtfulness. Please come back and stay with us soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Traveled from Edmonton to play in a hockey tournament in Parksville and the team hotel was booked so I registered at the Arbutus Grove. Pleasant friendly owner greets you at the desk. The room and the exterior surroundings are spotless and the price is very reasonable. A quiet, enjoyable stay for 3 nights. I would highly recommend based on the cleanliness alone and I am fussy. I'll stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Jackie A, Owner at Arbutus Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Wow thanks for the great review. So glad you decided to give us a try! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

My credit card was charged for a room that I was not in. We had a wedding party there and admittedly it was loud (we tried to book the whole motel but it didn't work out and they booked rooms in the middle of all of us). Everything shut down by 1AM and someone (apparently) left the hotel that night because of the noise. The manager charged my credit card in the morning for the room that was allegedly vacated that night and did not even consult me about doing it. He just walked up and said that I would be paying for an extra room because it was loud the night before.
I complained to the credit card company and the charge was cancelled. The Owner/Manager then contested the cancelling of the charge saying that we did not show up and didn't cancel a room. I have no defense with the credit card company as it is impossible to defend yourself against a fabricated room charge.\
Very disappointing, there is no policy that I was presented that indicates this can be done and I will be very wary about giving my card number out again in the future without signed documentation from an innkeeper stating exactly what will be charged.
While I do apologize for the noise; it was after our wedding and the manager knew it would be loud beforehand and could have handled it better. We genuinely tried to book the whole the motel! Our wedding party occupied the vast majority of the motel that night. The credit card manipulation (to put it nicely) is absolutely unacceptable. Beware of this establishment they will resort to whatever tactics necessary to attain extra monies if they feel that you somehow owe them.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Yes you booked all but the one room at the end and chose to party right next to that room. The guests (who stay with me all the time) had to leave in the middle of the night and go find another room because of the noise your party was making. Next time book the whole motel and you won't have a problem. The fact that you tried to get out of paying was a slap in the face to us. Don't you think it was only fair that we gave those people that left a refund? They had to go pay for another room. It was not their fault and it was not our fault. Whose fault was it?????