“The best kayak guide EVER”

Adventuress Sea Kayaking
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Parksville
More attraction details
Owner description: Come paddle with Adventuress Sea Kayaking! The scenery is spectacular here with mountain vistas, old growth rainforests, expansive wilderness and our amazing wildlife. What better way to see all of this than to paddle the shores of beautiful Vancouver Island, Canada in a kayak. Rentals, lessons, tours, and multi-day adventures are available from March to September. Tours start as low as $52/person and include instruction, kayak and gear, dry bags and a certified guide; no experience necessary. Double kayaks are available to paddle with a friend or a younger family member. Jan Kretz, the owner, is a certified kayak guide and Paddle Canada instructor. She teaches introductory lessons, as well as full day certified courses. Jan has a Passion for Paddling; come join us!
Victoria, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best kayak guide EVER”
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Jan took us (three 40-something women) on a two-hour kayak tour near Parksville. The tour was so enjoyable and inspiring, and Jan so competent, friendly and professional that we were all hooked and are busy planning our next adventure: a multi-day kayaking trip with our entire families, led by Adventuress Sea Kayaking. Prior to our excursion I was very nervous, having spent most of the last 15 years raising a family with little time to pursue other interests, like kayaking. Would I tip the kayak? Be able to paddle it? *Fit* in it? But after Jan's thorough introduction, obvious attention to detail and safety, and approachable personality, I relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed my time on the water. I can't wait to go again!

Nanaimo, Canada
“Excellent course, well worth the time and money”
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I am a new to ocean kayaking and felt ill at ease about venturing out on trips. This course was recommended to me, as a good introduction to things like compass work, reading charts, tide and current books and following weather systems ... all things I can use to help me feel more confident about what I am doing on the water. The course was four nights, three hours a night over a four week period and we covered an immense amount of material, with lots of in-class questions and exercises to make sure we knew what we were doing. I still feel like I have a lot to learn, but this course is an excellent start. The instructor is friendly, helpful and very upbeat. My recommendation .... well worth the time and money!!!

Nanoose Bay, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It changed my life!!!”
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I started kayaking five years ago. Jan took me under her wing and tought me everything she knows. She has a unique way of making her classes fun and exciting. Jan challenged me physically and mentally to go the distance. know matter what my goals were she was awesome at helping me attain them. Her level of skill and knowledge helped me to over come any doughts I had and I felt safe with her. She assited me at pushing my bounders to levels I never dream I could do. I have had the honnor of seeing palces around Vancover Island that are breathtaking and at times very spiritual Thank you Jan, your the best.
To all reading this: try the Broken Group, IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank moonshell49
Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
“Brilliant course covering theoretical seamanship skills for kayakers.”
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I recently attended one of Jan's celebrated Seamanship courses - four weeks, meeting once a week for a three hour lesson, with loads of prep and study between classes, and revision and consolidation during classes. The pace and presentation were so professional - smart and fast, but as students we never felt any embarrassment about asking for further explanation if it was needed. I learned so many new skills; weather forecasting, understanding tides and currents, reading marine charts, planning a kayak trip, using a compass. All very valuable transferable life skils - the course was one of the best investments of time and money I have made in a long while. Don't hesitate!

Nanaimo, Canada
“Seamanship Course”
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Jan does an excellent job in presenting the materials in class and giving us an opportunity for some practical application of some of the units. It was way more information than we were looking for but with some additional practice we could definitely plan a trip for ourselves and come back alive!!
D & N Lutes