Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Debbie P
Chemainus

Family Camping trip

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 7, 2019via mobile
Excellent family campground right by river with an awesome swimming hole. Clean very nice bathrooms with showers. Close to town- walking distance 15 mins. We spent 12 days and it was fantastic and will be back !
Date of stay: August 2019
    C$149
2.5 km from Parrys RV Park & Campground
    C$133
View more hotels in Parksville
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 13, 2019

Campground was just ok. Showers and bathrooms were dirty. Very muddy and many empty spaces when in the past all spaces have been very full. New Owners/managers were very uncooperative for emergency rebooking. Check in and check out times were very strict and there was no room for variances, even though there were many empty spaces.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank TRACTORWILLIE
Reviewed June 30, 2019

Jeez, where should I start here. I camped here 12 years ago and it was great. Well kept and clean. Now, what a sh@thole! They charge 5 bucks a kid over 6. So pushing 60 bucks I think sure they must have a lot to offer. So I ask where our site is, down there she says. A dirt road across from the trailers. So we park our trailer and I’m thinking is this even the campground ?? So we get set up and I come across a dead mouse, then another. Wtf? Put the mat down, oh wait I will just pick up the garbage and dogpoop too. Then our company arrives right beside us with a puppy. They get unpacked. Go to the office and pay an outrageous amount as well. Puppy is tied up to the trailer steps so she doesn’t get into anything. But of course she finds a pile of dogpoop to eat. Ok I guess I’m going to do site cleanup down to the end because clearly no one else does. Come back from cleaning up to discover she had found another mouse. So off to the office I go. I talk to the women who is aware there is a mice problem which they have dealt with because they spray poison on the ground. So let me wrap my head around this , we pay you people to stay here with the rodents and dogpoop problem, I do your job cleaning up too ???? Do you think I’m happy that our kids are running around in rodent poison and our animals are snacking on all sorts of things. I’m not happy one bit, in fact I left early because I felt frustration building and all I wanted to do was go in that office and explode on you people !!!!! The place was packed like a can of sardines, very dirty and dog poop everywhere. Even all over the river bank. Certainly a place I would never recommend to anyone and will definitely be letting people know !!! Grow some balls and manage your campground 😡

Date of stay: June 2019
3  Thank Truthdawg101
Reviewed November 29, 2018

So we went to Parry's twice this year. The first time ever was over the July long weekend. SInce we had never been there before and based on the map, I picked what I thought would be good sites. It turns out they are the overflow sites. They are located across from the mobile homes so it is like you are sitting in someone's front yard. Not good. We didn't understand why anyone would want to camp here!!!! HOWEVER, once we walked around the other side of the park we understood!

We were in an RV and therefore, didn't need to use the public bathrooms (which could use some regular cleaning). Many of the sites are super dusty which was a bit frustrating, however, we used an outdoor carpet and that seemed to help. The pool was cleaner than some other campground pools we have been to. The river was super fun! Even though it was very cold, we all had fun swimming and splashing around in it. The wifi is very hit or miss. If you are close to the office it is good, but otherwise...not so good. (But, you are supposed to be camping so that isn't a big deal.)

We will go back after we have checked out some of the other RV parks in the area.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Rebecca L
Reviewed September 3, 2018

Just had a fun summer at Parrys RV campsite. Great fun place for kids to just be kids. Lots of room for bike riding , swimming at the river and the pool. Five minute drive to the beach and all the shops, great location.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank jmp321
Reviewed June 24, 2018

We stayed at this place for six days only because we were doing day trips around the area. The washrooms were spartan, to say the least, and they were only cleaned once during the six days. There are lots of people that stay here for the summer but I can't understand why.
Management only seems interested in getting your money even thought the 7th night was free. Very little service and if you want cable you have to pay $60.00 for a de-scrambler which wouldn't work on our RV.

Date of stay: June 2018