“Exceptional value-beats Tigh-na-mara”
Review of Ocean Sands Resort

Ocean Sands Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Parksville
Reviewed 23 May 2010

I don't usually leave feedback but I felt compelled to rave about this place. With 3 young kids, we thought this weekend was excellent. We are literally 100 ft from Tigh-na-mara. or twice the price, you get more. Our kitchen had a oven, stove, full fridge, dishwasher, vacuum when the kids trekked in sand. We stayed at 216 which from the pictures did not dissappoint. There is an elevator which we used to easily move our bags in. Tim at the front desk was VERY accomodating, always able to provide extra dishwasher tablets, plastic bags. They recycle paper, plastic, metal and glass which other facilities do not. Everyday our kids would walk downhill 5 minutes to the beach. our suite was very clean. Fridge looked like it was cleaned frequently and extra towels were always available. We had friends who stayed at Tigh-na-mara and they paid twice as much. our place was bigger and much brighter. Security was never a problem with special codes to get in and out. $1.25 (5 quarters) for a wash and dryer, important. The pictures at their website are recent and descriptions are accurate. Staff was professional. Grounds were well manicured. Bring a kite for kids and lots of beach toys. Fire place in the suite will keep you warm at night. Bring stuff to BBQ.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank rutwalul
There are newer reviews for Ocean Sands Resort

Reviewed 29 December 2009

I can't say enough great things about this place. We stayed over the Christmas week. The staff was always available and so helpful, the location was great, the suite was extreemly clean and the view was amazing. When they said "fully stocked" kitchen, they weren't kidding. There was every appliance needed, and then some. If we needed anything we just took a quick jog over to the office and was always met with smiling faces and alot of instant help. My son is four and he had the time of his life running up and down the beach. It was a 2 min drive to town for groceries or anything else we needed. Best of all, it was quiet! So close to town but so close to nature! At night all you could hear is the ocean, comming in from a city, this meant alot. Great value for your money. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ModelT7
Reviewed 21 July 2009

We just spent 2 weeks here in a lovely 1 bedroom condo - oceanfront, on the ground floor. It was perfect. Automatic replenishment of coffee, tea, salt, pepper, toilet paper, paper towels and garbage bags. Great access to a beautiful beach. Would love to stay here again. A great family spot.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank merit51
Reviewed 18 July 2009

Just spent 2 nights & 3 days at Ocean Sands Resort with my 5 year old and her Grandma and we had a great time! Very comfortable and well equipped accomodation (kitchen made food prep easy and reasonble in terms of cost), great pool and access to the beach (elevator takes you most of the way down the bluff!), and very helpful management staff. My daughter, Mother and I had a blast with the sun and surf, a holiday on Rathrevor beach is just the best, so restorative. Would definitely book this accomodation again, probably for longer the next stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Victoria-Tripper
Reviewed 22 May 2009

We stayed at Ocean Sands Resort over the May long Weekend. Wow what a fabulous time. We were ground floor poolside with our two year old son and had such a good time, it was quiet with beautiful garden, clean cool quiet rooms, with am amenities with in walking distance. The pool was heated and great for my husband and I as well as our son. Parksville town had a great park, but Oceans Sands does have one on site as well. Ate at green Sushi place on the old Island Hwy was great food, and kid friendly. Staff at Ocean sands were helpful will all our needs and we will be back to stay again. Oh! and the beach was great as well, much better than the public one.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2009

I stayed at Ocean Sands Resort this past Victoria Day weekend and had a fabulous time. The relaxed atmosphere, open field, ocean views and outdoor pool were a few of my favorite things. Looking out of my condo seeing kids, young adults and older seniors sharing the same space playing with toys, bocci ball or just reading a book in the sun made me realize I had made the right choice in picking Ocean Sands Resort. I noticed another reviewer was down on the fact that you have to take your own garbage out and such, but one must remember that those things are why Ocean Sands is able to offer their great prices. The staff there, Kristy and Tim, were extremely friendly and helpful. I completely recommend staying here, and will enjoy vacations there for years to come. Well done!

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 8 March 2009

For the past two winters, my wife and I have abandoned the snowbird tendency to migrate south and have migrated west to beautiful Vancouver Island. We prefer to leave the cold winters in Alberta (February and March) and seek out a long term vacation resort which provides the comforts of home. Ocean Sands Resort is one of the most economical places to stay for a two month period. Having several different units to accomodate you, we prefer the beachfront condos which offer a spectacular view of the Straits of Georgia. Our unit which has been recently renovated, is very comfortable having two bedrooms with king and queen beds, hardwood floors, a cosy natural gas fireplace with comfy furniture to boot. The kitchen has all the amenities you could possibly want including the all important dishwasher. Each unit has a modest sized balcony with a table and chairs. In the three level complex that we occupy, an elevator is a very convenient feature, particularly those of us in our senior years.
For the two holidays we have spent here, the staff have been wonderful ensuring that our needs are being met. For example, this year our unit did not have a blender so I mentioned it to Darcy(manager) and the next day a brand new one was delivered to my door. Additional linen and towels were also provided for our lengthy stay.
One minor inconvience, is the sound-proofing between floors. Most of time it is quiet, but if a bunch of heavy walkers moves in above, you can hear their coming and goings.
We intend on returning next year and have already recommended to our friends.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeregrineSt_Albert
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parksville
4.9 km away
0.2 km away
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
#4 of 13 in Parksville

Been to Ocean Sands Resort? Share your experiences!