All reviews the west coast grill overlooking the marina prestige lakeside walking path lounge chairs pool and hot tub water front grassy area coffee shop a lake view room rooms are large small balcony business and pleasure the ground floor lake and mountains place to stay within walking distance
Reviewed August 31, 2018

We stayed for 3 nights in the African Room. It was very nice, a corner room with full views of the lake. Full jetted tub in the room, king size bed. Nice deck to sit and have your morning coffee.Breakfast was good in the restaurant. We will go back.

Room Tip: splurge and stay in the african room or any theme room available. Wont be disappointed.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
John L, Manager at Prestige Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Thank you for your review Lisa. We strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at Prestige Lakeside Resort & Convention Centre. Have a wonderful day, John Le Bleu General Manager

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Ended up choosing this place after some friends said they stayed here, wished I asked more questions and read reviews first!
I will not recommend this place, for $300+ a night, I would expect my bed to be the comfiest of them all, and it was not, all you pay for is the lake view.
The beds were Hard and lopsided, it seemed like I fought the whole time just to stay on the bed and not roll off to one side. The mattress hard, so if you have back or joint problems, you may want to think twice. Super soft pillows.
Small balcony area, not enough to easily walk past another guest sitting with you.
Quite a walk uphill to the main shopping street of Baker Street. A mini mall just steps away though.
A great restaurant on location, with lots of patio seating.
There is a nice walk way along the lake.
Our room was equipped with a mini fridge, coffee maker and a small desk.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights, the room was lake view with a small balcony which had two chairs which was good for morning coffee, or a glass of before bed. Room was clean the hotel does seam to be a bit dated but in good shape.
We ate at the hotel restaurant ( West Coast Grill) very nice patio food was good. Happy hour 3- 6 is a good deal, appies $7.50 and $5 drinks, my daughter used the pool each day which was clean and warm. It’s a easy walk to downtown restaurants and pubs. ( we really liked the Cantina Del Centro). Room prices are on the high side, but location is great.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2018

Friendly staff, nice restaurant, and there is actually two bars. For the price which is affordable, that's about as nice as it gets. I stayed there one evening, enjoyed it, and it was walking distance from other establishments in town to eat and drink. Depending who you are, I'll explain below, will determine how long you want to stay here in Nelson.

Heads up if you're NOT FROM the west coast area of the USA all the way up to Alaska. I never thought I'd get in an argument over asking for a stupid straw. Yes, a straw. Apparently, asking for a straw for your drink can start a world war crises in a bar the closer you get to the west coast. People tend not to mind their own business about it, they act all hurt, and because people have nothing else to do in their life, they take it upon themselves to save the world by eliminating straws which was a movement started by a 9 year old kid 8 years ago using bad numbers and had nothing to do about a stupid sea turtle choking on a straw off some stupid island out in the Pacific with a population of 500 people.

If you are traveling from mid-America/Canada and are making your way west, just keep in mind that the salt in the air destroys brain cells, and you start running into those people who are absolute idiots starting around Nelson who tell you that you are a bad person because you want a straw with your Crown and Coke. I asked for ice too, hope I didn't accidently kill a polar bear by doing that.

I'm from mid-America, former military, work in Oil, and generally mind my own business. These traits are considered bad things in Nelson, and it's also where a lot of Americans went when they fled the Vietnam war, so there are 70 year old hippies walking around town I guess looking for a festival or something. Most of the people in Nelson are nice, but just be aware of the environmental-wacked-out-pot-smoking idiots.

Wouldn't have brought this up if the idiot in the restaurant would have minded his own business, and not confront me and the world because we use stupid straws. But don't worry about the hippies at this hotel, I didn't see any, just some stupid people.

Other than that, nice place, nice room, the staff was awesome, waiters and bartenders were cool, and they didn't seem to mind straws.... for god's sake..... straws.

Room Tip: Ask for lake side if have a choice and avoid straws....
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
John L, Manager at Prestige Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful waterfront location. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by one of our other restaurant patrons. Please know that not all Nelsonites, BC residents or West Coasters are like this. We are generally polite and accommodating folks.
We hope you will come to stay with us again, and that you will find the locals more welcoming.
Thank you for choosing the Prestige Lakeside Resort Nelson.
Melanie Leeming
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 10, 2018

I am looking to book at a new hotel for work from now on as this place is overpriced and does not wow me anymore. The elevator broke down, the water pressure is dismal, the balcony even in summer is not being cleaned so I can enjoy what I am paying so much for, and over $900 for three nights is ludicrous for the room I stayed in. I am sorry, but I will be looking at my options for next stay.
Best Western is more competitive and includes breakfast and location still awesome too.

Need to really look at why people want to pay a lot extra to be on the lake here. It can't fall short please.

Room Tip: Ask about the beds too as mine was too soft and as a result I spent the next few days with a sore back and sought a massage
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
John L, Manager at Prestige Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

I regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us Stephanie. As always, we value your business, and would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. Please contact me directly so that I may offer some assistance. Sincerely, John Le Bleu, General Manager