“Best Crew to Ride Rapids”

Nelson Whitewater Rafting Co.
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Nelson Whitewater Rafting is the West Kootenays' premier rafting company. We provide transportation to and from Nelson and have four trips to choose from as well as paddleboard and kayak rentals on the lake. 1. Shenango Canyon - maximum excitement 2. Facchina Rapids - fun for everybody 3. Inflatable Kayaking - exciting 4. Scenic Float - beautiful and relaxing. Lake Rentals 1. Paddleboards 2. Kayaks 3. Inflatable Paddleboards - great for take-away rentals. Our guides are fun and experienced. Your safety is our #1 priority, and your fun a close 2nd.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

The guides were knowledgeable and fun. We were lucky to have an amazing hot day. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

There is no denying a I was a little scared at the start, watching the water rush past is quite daunting for a first timer. But with some relaxed coaching from our guide (who was brilliant) I got stuck in.
I was not quite as brace as other members of the group and didn't opt to have a go at the rodeo, or swim down the rapids, but I don't feel that this lessened my experience, which was absolutely thrilling!!!
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Just returned from an incredibly fun trip down the Facchina Rapids with Nelson Whitewater Rafting. The guides are quite witty and fun, they really made the trip. The trip was absolutely perfect, and the class three rapids we went through were truly exciting. I think next time I'll definitely take the option to swim through the rapids earlier in the tour. Some of the folks in our boat tried it, but I chickened out... it did look like they had quite a lot of fun.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

It is so funny how brave I am when I book these adventures from the chair in my office! When we got there I was literally boots in the water having second thoughts! Watching the water rush by and the sheer force is overwhelming. With the encouragement of our lovely and extremely talented raft guides Fannie and Jerome, we cast away into the river. A great time was had by all, and a very wet one. My husband would have gone again the next day if we did not have to leave! Another check off the bucket list of CRAZY things to do! Extremely glad to have gone and experienced whitewater rafting with this crew. I must say though it is very unlikely you will catch me anytime soon crashing though rapids in a rubber tube!! Thanks to Chris and Kyle ( our outrider ) too. You guys are so great!

Reviewed 13 December 2016

I've put this off for far too long! My trip was June 7th, 2015... almost a year and a half! But, I loved it so much I can still vividly remember the day. Some names are missing, but the experience is seared in my memory banks, because everything was perfect that day. It was a bright, sunny early June day, and I was with some work people. We were given a complimentary trip with Nelson Whitewater Rafting Co, by Nelson's prominent local organic craft brewery The Nelson Brewing Company. It was my first experience with whitewater rafting, so I wasn't sure what to expect, and I wouldn't have changed a thing. We were all carted to a site on the Salmo River about 40 south of Nelson in a done-up old school bus that was painted blue and adorned pictures of previous rafting guests with big smiles. We got to our launching site and got suited up in some very well maintained and clean suits, helmets and life-jackets and were given a very comprehensive and not-stressful-at-all briefing on rafting and what to expect. The guides made it very interactive and humorous which helped for those of us who were maybe a bit nervous. The trip down the river was a couple hours in length and along the way we got to experience a view different levels of rapids... mostly some 1's, a decent amount of 2's and a couple big 3's at the end, which was perfect.

The guide directing our my boat was John. He was awesome! Super confident, engaging and definitely made us all feel safe. At one point one of our paddlers fell from the raft during one of the 3's and things got a bit serious. John handled it very well by being direct, stern and highly anticipatory. We managed to rescue the fellow easily and no one was hurt! We all were able to laugh about it and it made for great conversation on the trip back to Nelson.

Nelson Whitewater Rafting Co is a wonderful, well received business in Nelson and I wouldn't have a single hesitation should I decide to go for a second round. I recommend these guys and girls to anyone who enjoys adventure sports as I am confident they will take excellent care of you and your loved ones!

All the best! Sorry for the delay!

Christopher Baines.