All reviewslibrary loungethe pubgeneral storefourth floormike's placespirit barhistoric hotellive jazzjuliet suitebreakfast was includedmodern amenitieshot breakfastliquor storelimited parkingbeautiful roomwonderful hotelroom rate
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My stay at the Hume Hotel this past April (2011) was amazing! As always, the staff was kind and courteous and the room itself was impeccable. It's always a pleasure to stay in a hotel as lovely as the Hume. I highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Nelson, as you are sure to enjoy the unique character of the property, the great on-site amenities and the wonderful decor, including vintage photographs of the Nelson area from years' past.
Definitely a must!

Room Tip: Room 333 is an awesome executive suite with three beds, a full bath and plenty of room for leisure.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Just loved the hotel. It's something from an older area. We had a great room with a bit of a river view. The staff were welcoming and fun. The food was also excellent and you couldn't beat the atmosphere. Would love to go back and stay longer. Nelson is a great little town and so much to do there, even if it's just checking out the buildings.

Room Tip: the guide book says don't get a room above the kichen vents.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My husband and I were traveling with another couple and decided to spend the night in Nelson. I had read some reviews here and suggested we all stay at the Hume. We arrived with no reservation in the early afternoon. The parking lot is very small but there were two spots left! We went to the desk and it seemed so busy inside I was losing hope that we would get rooms. Not only did we get 2 rooms, they made sure we got great rooms, on the 4th floor, away from any noise we may encounter from the bar below! It is an old hotel, refurbished and it is so nice! Very clean rooms at a reasonable price. The whole staff is so nice and friendly from the front desk to the waitress in the Library, and the waitress in the morning for breakfast (which is included with your room, very good too)! We will definitely stay there again next time!
Almost forgot, they gave us a beautiful, hardbound book on British Columbia! Thank you Hume Hotel!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alwaysajourney_10
humehotel, General Manager at Hume Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

I just wanted to thank you for staying with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the book on some of British Columbia's treasures. We were cleaning the office and came across a few of those so it's nice to know that they are going to a good home. We hope to see you again with us in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

This has been our go to hotel for quite a while. It is a very sympathetically up-dated period hotel located just one block of Baker Street which is the main shoping area. The staff are super friendly, the food good, and the included breakfast is amazing. There is a wide range of places within the hotel to spend time without having to leave the hotel. A game of pool, a glass of wine, listen to some laid back jazz, kick up your heels and dance, have a lovely dinner or a quick lunch - it is all under one roof.

Room Tip: The Rapunzel room is the best - top corner with two double beds and lots of room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janecoad
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Spectacular service, 5 stars, second to none. And the very best hotel I stayed on my three weeks on the road. Ryan and his staff treated my friend and I like we were regulars. Plans are now changed for the 2012 road trip. If you are looking for me, Ill be at The Hume!

• Stayed: July 2011