Hume Hotel & Spa
US$121
The Adventure Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$82
US$78
Villa Motel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$156
Cloudside Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$116
Kokanee Glacier Resort(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$112
Mountain Hound Inn(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$82
Alpine Inn and Suites(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$89
Dancing Bear Inn(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$48
All reviewslibrary loungethe pubgeneral storemike's placefourth floorspirit barhistoric hotellive jazzbreakfast was includedmodern amenitieshot breakfastold buildingliquor storeroom ratelimited parkingwonderful hotelair conditioning
Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

Such a lovely old hotel, centrally located and full of character but with all the ammenities we needed - comfortable bed and pillows & wonderfully friendly helpful staff. If I could change one thing, it would be the shower over bath set up. A walk in shower with a higher pressure shower head would be an improvement. Including breakfast in the room rate is a nice touch. We will definitely stay here again when next in Nelson.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2017

My fiance and I came to the Hume for a little weekend get away. Neither of us had been to Nelson before and we couldn't have had a more amazing trip!
The hotel staff is incredibly nice and accommodating! We found that all of the staff works together throughout each restaurant which was really nice, it seemed that we got to know them on a personal basis and they got to know us on a personal basis throughout our stay. The staff always greeted us every time they saw us, and even by name. This hotel doesn't give that same "hotel" vibe that you would get at a Best Western or a Hilton Hotel, it truly seemed like a little home away from home.
We purchased the romance package and it was incredible. The hour long sauna treatment and the hour long couples massage were so great and the staff in the salon were wonderful and made us both feel very comfortable.
The rooms are very clean and well put together. The hotel itself has such an awesome look and vibe. It almost reminded me of a European hotel. The restaurants were all great, the food, drinks and the service. You are walking distance to other bars and restaurants as well. And the Ainsworth Hot Springs (which I highly recommend) are about 40 minutes away.
We cannot wait to come back and stay here again. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: January 2017
Ryan M, Owner at Hume Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2017

Thanks for such a detailed review of your Romance Package experience. That package has been a huge success since we started it almost two years ago when Aura Spa & Salon opened up. We are happy to hear that you loved our food as well. We hope to see you back real soon!

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

You can go just as a couple.
Or with the whole family. It has a very stylish design the rooms are very clean the staff is nice.
You can also just go for lunch at the library or family restaurant.
I would very much recommend it.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2017

My family of 6, four girls aged between 15- 21, and two partners aged 20 & 21 and my husband and myself booked to stay at The Hume Hotel and Spa for two weeks over Christmas 2016. We were married here 25 years ago and decided to head back for a celebration. We booked the Horace D Hume Suite, which has a beautiful kitchen, dining and living area as well as a king bed and lovely bathroom. We also booked two queen rooms which were next to us. 8 of us stayed very comfortably. The suite was amazing, very roomy and the living room made getting together as a group very easy. I highly recommend this if you have a large family.
From the minute we walked in the door we were treated like family. The staff here go out of their way to help.
The full breakfast included in our room rate was fantastic. We also used the restaurant many times for lunch and dinner and were never disappointed. Mikes Place Pub is always a fun place to have a drink, some nibbles and either play pool or watch the hockey. Our last stop most evenings was the Library Lounge for a coffee drink. Do yourself a favor and order a Motherlode. The perfect nightcap. A few of us used the Spa for massages and treatments. It was wonderful: relaxing and welcoming. We headed to The Spirit Bar for New Years Eve and had a great time. Great DJ's and a lot of fun.
The history of this hotel makes it special. The Martin family have gone to great lengths to preserve it and it's one of the things that makes staying here so great.
Ryan and Loralei helped my husband organize a surprise 25th anniversary celebration while we were there, which included a photographer to retake our wedding photo in front of the iconic neon hotel sign on the roof of the hotel. They went above and beyond expectations and we couldn't thank them enough.
We love this hotel and will hopefully be back very soon. Do yourself a favor and spend some time in Nelson, and don't miss out staying at The Hume Hotel and Spa.

Room Tip: The Horace Hume Suite is perfect for a longer stay
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2017

My husband and I recently spent a week at The Hume Hotel. We had a wonderfully large and comfortable room. Every member of the staff were fantastic and friendly, my personal favourite being Jody at the front desk. The breakfasts were terrific and the pub was great fun, especially on Bingo night. I would not hesitate to stay with them the next time we visit Nelson.

Room Tip: We had a lovely view of the river. The street was not overly noisy or busy.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family