Hume Hotel & Spa
Prestige Inn Nelson(Nelson)
US$90
Villa Motel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$77
Kokanee Glacier Resort(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$92
Alpine Inn and Suites(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$73
Cloudside Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$109
Hotels.com
The Adventure Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$112
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslibrary loungethe pubgeneral storemike's placefourth floorspirit barhistoric hotellive jazzbreakfast was includedmodern amenitieshot breakfastold buildingroom ratelimited parkingwonderful hotelin townfront desk staff
Reviewed September 18, 2017

By making a reservation with one of the on-line 3rd party sites, we were placed in a room with the cheapest option. This meant our room was above the pub and another area with live music, which went on until 1am. We were on the 3rd floor (the noisy areas were on the 1st floor) yet we could hear muted voices and loud base very easily. I learned from this experience to look on Trip Advisor for reviews, choose a room type, then call the Hotel directly to really understand what the different rooms entail. The hotel itself was lovely with a historic feel throughout. Our room was clean and recently refurbished.

Room Tip: call the Hotel directly for reservation and request quietest room area.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2017

We spent two nights in this charming old hotel. The restaurant in the hotel is outstanding. We ended up eating all of our meals here because of the quality of them. The hotel is located within walking distance of the main shopping area of the town and across the street from their good museum. It is a quaint hotel!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Ryan M, Owner at Hume Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Awesome, glad to hear you ate all your meals here too! I will share your comments with the team. Thanks, Bob & Barbara! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

So...I rolled for the first time through Nelson after driving all day, visiting 1800s cemeteries..I did not look good. I probably did not smell great. I randomly pulled into this hotel because I saw the neon "hotel" sign..Good enough for me..Little did I know that it is an amazing heritage hotel. Despite my sordid appearance, I was treated beautifully at the front desk, and in fact upgraded to a suite. Little did they know that I am secretly very fancy, and actually have very high standards. The room is pristine and comfortable. The staff professional, yet down to earth and caring. I lived in Vancouver for 17 years- and this hotel could easily be on Georgia and charge three times their rates and be a deal.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Ryan M, Owner at Hume Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

When we can, we love to surprise some of our guests with upgrades to our beautiful corner suites if they aren't booked out. Thanks for taking the time to write us such an incredible review. I also shared your Facebook review with our Front Desk Manager, Jody Ferguson, who you had mentioned by name. He was stoked! We appreciate it.

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

This hotel litterally has everything you need. And if not the location is so amazing what you need is probably right around the corner. The restaurant has some of the best food I have ever had. I meant to and forgot but my compliments to the chef working the evening of August 15th. The servers were also amazing. Thank you to the lovely ladies at the bar who put together cheesecake in the library for us to take to our rooms just before closing! Can't recommend this place enough.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Ryan M, Owner at Hume Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

I am happy to hear that you were so well looked after by our amazing crew of staff. We hope to see you guys back in the future, Krista.

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Hume regularly when it was the "Heritage" but haven't been here in years. The recent upgrade/reno to the rooms and hallways is outstanding. The rooms are fabulous and comfortable yet retain the charm of the old hotel.

Right from checkin the staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. There was a great act at the club downstairs and we ended our evening at the "pub" on the main floor, again with friendly staff.

The Hume is a great spot for business or leisure or a couples stay away. There are more suitable places in Nelson for a family stay but I'll come back here in a flash.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends