The Adventure Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$87
Alpine Inn and Suites(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$160
Villa Motel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$91
Kokanee Glacier Resort(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$175
Mountain Hound Inn(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$76
Dancing Bear Inn(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$49
All reviewslibrary loungethe pubgeneral storefourth floormike's placespirit barhistoric hotellive jazzjuliet suitebreakfast was includedmodern amenitieshot breakfastliquor storeold buildingroom ratelimited parkingwonderful hotel
Reviewed December 23, 2010

When my sweetie and I were planning our wedding we knew that we wanted a simple, low-key affair. We chose the Hume Hotel as the quality of the food and service from the staff is second to none. The prominent down town Nelson location of the Hotel, also made it easy for our out of town guests to find. Upon check in and arrival to our top floor corner suite, we were greeted with a huge bouquet of flowers in the room, and a lovely bottle of champage on ice, compliments of the Hume Hotel. This personal touch definately added to the Hume experience.

We had our reception for us and 17 guests in the Lydia room where we had allowed our guest to choose any dinner they wanted off the menu. We were all served in a very timely fashion and the food was fantastic! After a most lovely dinner we all went out to Mike's Place Pub, located in the hotel for some drinks and post dinner fun. Again the service was fantastic and no patron was left waiting for anything. To continue our celebrations we headed to Spirit Bar, the club in the basement of the Hume, and danced until closing.

Once heading back to our room, exhausted, after a fantastic day, a clean comfortable bed awaited us, and we slept soundly.

Once regrouping in the morning, many of us had breakfast at the General Store resteraunt. Most wonderful to have so many dining, and drinking options in one hotel.

I would most definately recommend this fantastic, top service hotel!

Ryan Martin and the loyal and dedicated staff at the Hume Hotel provided an unforgettable experience! Many thanks!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I have stayed many times at the Hume and find that every time i return it get's better. The hotel is clean and the service and management are excellent. If your ever visiting the charming town of Nelson the Hume is the right place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Amazing find right in the heart of Nelson. It's nice to see that there's so much character left in a quality hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
humehotel, General Manager at Hume Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2010

Thank you for the feedback, I have shared your words with the whole staff. We definately aim for an authentic and unique Nelson experience here at the Hume Hotel. We aren't one of those cookie-cutter properties. One hundred and thirteen years and a staff who truly take pride in this place is what makes the difference. Thanks for noticing and I hope you will be back soon.

Hume Hotel

Reviewed October 18, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hume for a portion of our honeymoon. It was his first time in the area, and my second time staying at the Hume. I chose the hotel for it's great location - right in the heart of downtown Nelson. You definitely cannot beat the location for the price, and I also loved the fact that breakfast was included.

The rooms are furnished with old pictures and antique-inspired furniture, as the hotel itself is very old. The rooms were clean and fairly comfortable but with minimal amenities. Due to the fact that the building is so old, the floors are slanted which gives you the feeling that the building may fall down. The walls are also quite thin and the plumbing is loud.

The food at the hotel is great - they have a number of different restuarants, lounges and bars. We ate breakfast (which is included) every morning and it was great every time. We also had dinner in the hotel's lounge one night. There are lots of options to choose from, and the portions are gigantic. We should have shared one meal as we both left about half and couldn't pack them up as the rooms don't have a fridge.

I didn't sleep that well at the Hume - as the hotel is right on the main highway, the rooms are quite noisy.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to someone looking to stay in downtown Nelson, but I might try somewhere quieter next time I visit the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
humehotel, Owner at Hume Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

Thanks for the positive feedback. We appreciate it very much. Because of our downtown location, we can definately be subject to some street noise. Next time however, we could place you in a room that faces the rear of the building which can be far more quiet. We hope to see you again.

Ryan Martin
Owner
Hume Hotel

Reviewed October 12, 2010

My wife and I spent the night at the Hume on our way up to the Arrow Lakes. This hotel has great character! We found it quiet and accommodating. The room was comfortable. The Library is a great place for a meal! The breakfast is great! We will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple