“Always Top-Notch!”

The Library Lounge
Ranked #3 of 100 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Library Lounge is at the heart of the Hume Hotel. Located just off the front lobby, The Library has a cozy, parlour-like atmosphere with a replica of the original Hume Hotel bar (complete with brass) polished and prepped for your visit. Caryatids and original moldings decorate the interior, as does the original monumental brick hearth and fireplace that warms the room. Full restaurant meal service is offered, as are a selection of wines, beer and spirits to complement the live jazz and other music featured nightly.
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My two friends and I went for lunch, great conversation, and laughs the other day. The Hume Hotel Restaurant is top-notch and I've been going there for an occasional breakfast, lunch, or supper for many years. I can honestly say that I've never experienced anything but great service (Wendy this time), great food, and a very comfortable atmosphere. Their salad bar is delicious with many varieties to choose from.

I highly recommend this restaurant for visitors and Nelsonites alike.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Rich is the reason I come to Hume every Sunday. Rich is really friendly & talkative when serving his cumstomers.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Me and three other friends, as a weekly dinner have decided upon eating at the Hume every Sunday night. The Hume Hotel offering what any other resturant offers, but doing so hands above every other in the town. For instance, the server we find to be the best in the city named Richard is hands above every other waiter most of us can even think of, his ability to talk to the customers and serve them without fail is reason enough to go to the Hume Hotel by itself. He is outstanding. The food is also fantastic, the menu covering what four people could want in a meal at any given time. As well, the several different places to eat in the Hume gives you the atmosphere of whatever it is your in the mood for that night, be it having a social time with friends or a sit down date with your wife/girlfriend. I really can't think of any negative things we have about the Hume, which is exactly the reason we keep coming back every weekend

humehotel, General Manager at The Library Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

It's not surprising how many of the reviews you see posted on Tripadvisor mention this waiter guy named 'Richard'. Richard is without a doubt one of the most amazing staff members we have ever had the pleasure of employing, and there have been many. Richard has worked at the hotel since 1990. He is adored by small children to aging seniors and everything in between. He comes to work with a genuine smile and love for what he does and who he serves.

Do you know that in his 22+ years of working here that I have never seen him lose his cool about anything nor have we ever received a complaint by any of the thousands upon thousands of guests he has served? It's simply astonishing. He is charming, selfless, kind and funny all at the same time. He is full of heart and as a result, he is adored by anyone who ever has the chance to meet him, whether to know him and love him like a brother or even to just be served by him.

I've never met anyone so content and truly happy. So thank you Richard...you not only make the Hume Hotel a better place but you make the world a better place. Humanity needs more 'Richard' out there. On behalf of everyone who has ever had that chance to meet you, thanks for everything that you give of yourself...we all love you very much.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

i had a fun time with my frend their. the old town stuff on the wall is all ways cool not to much not to littal. food was good waiter was fun and made me feal welcome. the back with the histry was a fun read.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Just down from the main street in Nelson, the Hume hotel houses easily the best restaurant in town. The menu has a great selection from pasta and steak to burgers and pizza. The service was also one of my best experiences I've ever had in a restaurant. My server's name was Richard and his welcoming attitude and speedy service was above and beyond my expectations. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone. Great food and great service will bring me back for sure.