All reviewstroutworld classcaught fishboth dinner and breakfastone nightblack beansannfishingaccommodationanglersfishermantimthomsonvancouvergazedeaglescanada
Reviewed June 5, 2018

We stayed as a family in a lake facing lodge. The accommodation is really geared up for fishermen as the lake is stocked with world class trout. The wooden lodge was equipped with a small kitchen and all you need to cook. We ate out in Merritt so didn't have to use it. We had breakfast in the main building/restaurant, were we had a great time talking to the owner.We only used it for one night but we could have stayed longer, if we were not on a roadtrip!! :)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2017

Nine of us recently spent a week at Corbett Lake Lodge. It was the second visit for most of the group and the experience was even better this time around. Fishing for Corbett Lake's trout can be challenging but highly rewarding. The fish are healthy, robust and offer any angler a battle replete with long runs and aerial acrobatics. Corbett Lake is a well managed fishery!

Our cabins were rustic but clean and comfortable. My most telling post-stay accommodation comment would be that I miss it. The views of the lake from the cabins make for great photos and offer the potential for spotting numerous wildlife. We saw deer, black bear, eagles, osprey, loons and various other critters.

Corbett Lake Lodge also has a wonderful restaurant and Ann Thomson, the lodge's manager and cook, provides a fine dining experience with excellent food in a classy yet relaxed atmosphere.

All in all, Corbett Lake Lodge provides a top notch experience. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stella60
Reviewed August 8, 2017

The staff and service were excellent. Very attentive. Cabin's are quaint, beds are decent. Thanks to Anne, Tim, and Simone for their great service! The lake is pretty and there are lots of boats. The food we had for both dinner and breakfast were fantastic. They have a great selection of wines as well.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Murray V
Reviewed May 11, 2017

I stayed here for one night stay on my way back to Vancouver.
I was skeptical about choosing this place for there was not many reviews on the Tripadvisor. However, it turned out to be one of the best places I've ever been in Canada.

First off, the staff members were extremly accomodating and friendly. Ann and Simone stayed extra long just to prepare a dinner for the two of us. Dinner service was fantastic. They have specailly set up the table right beside the wood fireplace to keep us warm and cozy.

We stayed in one of the cabins that were close to the lake. The cabin that we stayed in was well maintained and kept. Nothing was broken or dirty. Upon entering the cabin, we felt warm with excellent heating (it was quite cold outside, around 2 degree celsius). Hot water supply was abundant and was not a problem to shower with warm water.

Linens were fresh and clean. I could not see any dusts on the furniture. All the appliances were clean and functioning well.

The highlight of the lodge for me was the lake itself + stars at night. Corbett lake is absoultely beautiful with many fish swimming freely. The lake is so clear that I was able to spot some fish when I gazed down from the pier. Sometimes trouts would come up to the surface and jump a bit to make a bit of splashing noise.

Also, there are just so many different birds that one can sight. These birds would peacefully swim in the lake, creating the relaxing atmosphere.

At night, sky was covered with endless numbers of stars. There were so many that we were just in awe of the beautiful sight. I've been to many places known for clear skies without light polution, but this place was one of the top places for gazing at the stars.

In the morning, Simone and her husband was there to show us their pet goats. Those goats were very cute (Cotton was only a baby) and we were very greatful that they took us to show those lovely goats. We felt truly welcomed here.

I stayed here for just one night without an intention of fishing, but I've also heard that fishing is amazing here that national fishing competition occurs frequently in this place.

Would definitely return.

Room Tip: ask for the cabin that is closer to the lake
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Simon S
CorbettLakeLodge, Manager at Corbett Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Thank you, Simon, for your wonderful review! Your appreciation of Corbett Lake, and your openness to the variety of experiences to be enjoyed here, was evident and made serving you a real pleasure. We appreciate very much your comments regarding the cleanliness and functionality of the cabins - our staff work very hard to maintain and present a clean and comfortable experience in our rustic cabins.

We look forward to seeing again!

Warm regards from all of us at Corbett Lake Lodge.

Reviewed September 27, 2016

I recently reviewed Corbett from June, "the boys". I have been making the pilgrimage to Corbett several times a year for over 43 years. Mostly with the well known group of guys. Well, last week I took my new bride who was keen to learn flyfishing, to Corbett. What a great stay......again. My wife loved it. The ambience of the lodgings is terrific. Ann and her staff go out of their way to provide you with a wonderful experience. Nice accommodation, fine dining, and world class flyfishing, it doesn't get any better. Time well spent.

Room Tip: All the cabins have a wood burning fireplace
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple