Destinia.com
Hurb
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Well maintained and super clean. This is not our first stay at this motel. It appears to be improving each time we stay. The room was supplied with extra towels and blankets for the cooler day. The management was very attentive and friendly. The price of the room was below competitors at this stay and time.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
johneunicen, Manager at Travelodge Merritt, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Thanks for your feedback, we are glad to help you stay comfortably and feel valuable for your payment. We will work harder to make our room and service better, thanks.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

Very clean and well kept room with super comfy bed! I stayed in the pet friendly room 101 and was pleasantly surprised at how well maintained the room was, and it was spotless! Often the pet friendly rooms in other hotels are really run down with stains, but not here. Nice to be able to see my car in the lot for peace of mind - though it felt like a safe and well lit area in general. I loved the walking trail across the highway to take my dog in the morning - very nice walk! The hotel is dated but it’s an older hotel in the budget range so was to be expected. I paid about $114 for 1 person and 1 dog all fees and taxes included this past weekend which is good in my books. Staff were pleasant and professional and happy to help. A good stop over on the way back home - I’ll be back next summer! They have a continental breakfast but I can’t comment as I didn’t partake. Tip on getting to the hotel: access is via the Petro-Canada parking lot - so drive through the gas station area.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
johneunicen, Manager at Travelodge Merritt, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We are so happy to help you experience comfortable and pleasant stay at one of our pet friendly rooms. We are always working hard to keep the pet rooms nice and clean, and my chambermaids are very happy to know that you like the room and their cleaning service. We hope to serve you next time soon and partake our breakfast, thanks.

Reviewed June 5, 2018

friendly quick service late at night, as we were not planning on staying but too tired to drive on
were pleasantly surprised with the large room and double queen beds.. slept like a baby
breakfast was up and running by 6:30am and there was lots of selection to choose from

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
johneunicen, Manager at Travelodge Merritt, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Thanks for your feedback, and my staff will be happy that they did a great job to make your stay pleasant and comfortable, thanks.

Reviewed June 2, 2018

As I work in the travel industry, it is always a pleasure for me to meet and have contact with people who are good at what they do. And such was my experience with Shaw, the manager of the Travelodge in Merritt, BC. Completing my tour with a group from Denmark in the city of Vancouver, I then had to drive my empty bus (called "deadheading") back towards Calgary as per my remaining hours under the DOT regulations. And thus when I arrived in Merritt, I was ready to call it a night. I am a light sleeper and I asked Shaw if he could place me in a quiet room other than the room which was booked for me on the first floor. It was a Saturday night and Shaw took the time and effort to fulfill my request. And for that I was thankful because the next morning I woke up quite refreshed. In summary, Shaw is a very cordial and hospitable man who cares about his hotel guests. And it takes one to know one because I also care about my bus passengers. So the pleasure really was mine to be served by Shaw.

Room tip: Talk to Shaw!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
johneunicen, Manager at Travelodge Merritt, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. It was a pleasure to serve you at Travelodge Merritt and hope to serve you next time soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for an affordable hotel, with as many amenities as this one boasts, you won't find a better place than this one. Great breakfast, comfortable beds and the manager Shaw is great to deal with. Thanks for the hospitality

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
johneunicen, Manager at Travelodge Merritt, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2018

Thanks for your feedback, we look forward to serving you next time soon.