“Tired and poor food”

Mandolin's Bagel & Coffee House
Ranked #4 of 11 Quick Bites in Merritt
Reviewed September 30, 2018

I have not been to this place for years and remembered it as having good food so stopped to get a quick sandwich. I had a toasted egg salad sandwich and it was disgusting. The white bread was either very stale or the toasting was hardly done because it was just 2 slices of white stale bread with egg salad that was maximum 1 egg. My wife's tuna melt was at best OK.

There are still Christmas decorations in the place and it has the appearance of " I just don't care anymore"

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick lunch. Had the turkey sandwich and soup. The sandwich was on very fresh sourdough bread. They put some nice cranberries in the sandwich. Very nice. The soup was beef barley, and it was very good. I would have liked a little bigger bowl of soup, not just a cup size. They had some yummy looking cinnamon buns but I held myself back from them !Would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

This is a great little coffee shop and sandwich bar. The menu, the staff and the great photos on the walls all add to the experience. The bagels melts are great, the coffee is good (although I would have preferred a fuller dark roast) and the staff are super friendly and very efficient. I absolutely recommend this place if you are passing through or visiting Merritt.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 12, 2016

If your looking for a great coffee house with the hum of the local vibe. This is the place. It has been here for a while and has every type of people showing up here. It has business, family, and average Joe show up here for the wonderful lunch's and brunch type foods. Coffee is made on the spot and there is always a concept type meal offered every day of the week. The menu changes and it is never boring here!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

Management may have changed over the years but the coffee is still great we go everytime i go back home. Love love love it

Date of visit: October 2015