“NICE STOP FOR COFFEE OR LIGHT MEAL”

Mandolin's Bagel & Coffee House
Ranked #4 of 11 Quick Bites in Merritt
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Stopped off there for an early lunch on my trip from Logan Lake, BC to Vancouver. Cosy little coffee house that was able to produce a fresh sandwich and soup for a light lunch at about 11 AM. Reasonable value and would stop there again next time am passing through Merritt.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 17, 2018

There are very few times we come to Merritt and we DON'T stop at Mandolin's Bagel & Coffee House in the Railyard. This time around I had a local eye exam and we were in town early, so I suggested to my wife, Brenda, that we swing around here for a hot drink. The place was mostly empty (unusual whenever we stop here) but welcoming just the same. We both had mochas to which Bren (a former barista and coffee shop owner) noted hers had little, if any chocolate in it. I was happy with mine. The baked goods looked awesome, although we didn't grab anything. We did find the pricing a bit on the funny/strange side with items costing $7.51, $7.54 or 7.94 (just a few examples). Regardless, service was great, the place is always neat, tidy and the washrooms are spotless. Expect to see us here again. Thanks!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018

I have not been to this place for years and remembered it as having good food so stopped to get a quick sandwich. I had a toasted egg salad sandwich and it was disgusting. The white bread was either very stale or the toasting was hardly done because it was just 2 slices of white stale bread with egg salad that was maximum 1 egg. My wife's tuna melt was at best OK.

There are still Christmas decorations in the place and it has the appearance of " I just don't care anymore"

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick lunch. Had the turkey sandwich and soup. The sandwich was on very fresh sourdough bread. They put some nice cranberries in the sandwich. Very nice. The soup was beef barley, and it was very good. I would have liked a little bigger bowl of soup, not just a cup size. They had some yummy looking cinnamon buns but I held myself back from them !Would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

This is a great little coffee shop and sandwich bar. The menu, the staff and the great photos on the walls all add to the experience. The bagels melts are great, the coffee is good (although I would have preferred a fuller dark roast) and the staff are super friendly and very efficient. I absolutely recommend this place if you are passing through or visiting Merritt.

Date of visit: October 2016