Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$82
eDreamsUS$82
Agoda.comUS$82
Travelocity
Wyndham
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2019

Here are the six basics in hotel reviewing etiquette:

Location: good and bad. Good in the sense it is just off Hwy#5 with Tim Hortons, DQ, gas stations, Superstore, et al a short walk away. Bad in the sense that the real centre of town is drive away; only 5 minutes by car but certainly not in the real core of Merritt.
Check in/out: I stood in the small foyer for five minutes not knowing what to do as there was no one at the desk. I called out; no answer. Was about to leave when the employee made his way in from outside and from there on check in was pretty brief. Check out was also brief... as, once again, there was no one at the front desk. I just dropped my room card and left.
Amenities: complimentary continental breakfast is pretty spare. Frozen waffles, bread, yogurt, some fruit and juice and coffee. No eggs, sausage, pancakes, bacon or anything else that I have come to expect from other properties. Plus, the dining area is on the second floor with no elevator. Those with mobility issues may have... issues.
Price: quite fair and low. No complaints.
Cleanliness: clean but showing age. Rusty bathtub drain, for instance.
Sleep quality: I did not sleep well which I am accounting on the hard mattress which I was given to sleep in. Plus, the manual heater was working but when the drapes are closed all the forced air gets pushed into the space between the windows and the drapes; hard to regulate the temperature and with the draped flapping around privacy became an issue.

Hence, a low 3 stars from me.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Neil_and_Family_5
Reviewed September 28, 2019

Merritt is a nice town we spent the night in on our way from Jasper to Vancouver. The motel room was fine and the bed comfortable. The room was stuffy. The "super" breakfast was a standard motel continental breakfast. There is a restaurant next door where you can get a hot breakfast if you want, which we did. Oddly only the two paper coffee cups, no plastic cups that could be reused for water or other beverages.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed September 9, 2019

We chose Super 8 on this trip because of the great service, clean room and friendly staff we had on our last trip through. We were glad to stay there again. Same great service, reasonable price, easy to get to off the highway heading east on our trip.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ericka K, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Merritt BC, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2020

It is our pleasure to have you back at Super 8.
Thank you for coming back and for appreciating our friendly staff and their hard work to keep the rooms clean.

Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

We should have paid attention to the sign at the reception: "No refunds after check-in" and should have become suspicious when we asked to see the room before providing our credit card number and were told that the receptionist cannot give us the key unless we register and that she cannot take us to see the room because she is the only one at the front desk. Well, it was getting late, we were tired and hungry, so we unwisely decided to take a chance... The room we were given prominently featured a 3cm long, thick, black bug (very much alive), which seemed comfortably at home in the environment where the room lights were not working. The receptionist whom we summoned arrived equipped with a large plastic bag and despite showing a clear disgust successfully captured the bug and removed it from the premises. Having confirmed that the lights were not working, she kindly offered to move us to an "upgraded" room with a kitchenette.
Relieved, we moved our luggage to the new room that looked OK and went to have a dinner. When we returned and I removed the "seal" around the toilet proclaiming that it has been sanitized and lifted the lid, I discovered a toilet seat with visible urine stains. The receptionist was summoned again, concurred with our assessment that the state of the toilet was unacceptable, cleaned and disinfected the fixture.
What else could go wrong? All was good until we decided to go to bed and lifted the covers. The top sheet just along the top fold line had make-up marks suggesting that the previous occupant used a light beige variety. We did not have the heart to torment again the poor receptionist with a request to re-make the bed, but we requested and were offered a set of clean sheets which we changed ourselves (discovering in the process that the blanket had numerous holes, likely dating to the era when smoking in the rooms was permitted). We managed to sleep surprisingly well considering the loud, variable noises made intermittently by the fridge and the very loud air conditioner (in fairness, the latter worked well, keeping the temperature in the room confortable).I should also add that the manager whom we met in the morning was very kind and apologetic and responded to my comment that $130plus for this experience seemed like a bit much with a price adjustment that saved us about $26. She also promised to follow up with her staff to make sure future travellers will have a better experience - so hopefully if you decide to stay at this Super 8 your visit will be pleasantly uneventful...

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2019 via mobile

I did a one night stay here recently while on my way to the coast. This motel is conveniently located just off BC 5 on motel strip. The room was clean the bed comfortable with a rate of $107, breakfast included: fruit, hard boiled eggs, toast, yogurt cereal and beverages. The usual fast food restaurants are all nearby.

Date of stay: July 2019