See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 7, 2017

Place should be condemned. Stayed for a month while in between homes. Not once did they ask ask if we needed clean sheets, toilet paper, clean towels nothing. I bought cleaning supplies and luckily I had clean towels etc with us. Place was never vacuumed. They say that they have all this stuff in the room for cooking but nothing was there like they said. The front desk people are not customer service orientated. When you did see them, they had their phone glued to their head, even when cleaning rooms. I have never written a review about any place but this accommodation desires a 100 thumbs down. Internet is an abomination. One last thing, we were told that our door was broken and would be fixed but never was. Very big safety issue, at least we had a dead bolt

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Stop here often on way to and from BC. Clean, many rooms refurbished, good value, although this time, I had to bunch towels under my head instead of the way-too-fat pillow.
Was going to advance book with Expedia but thought better of it. When they quoted me the price ($10 higher than Expedia) on check-in, I asked if they would match Expedia's price. Nope....so there I was, in their office, making my booking with Expedia! Weird, as I am sure they would have been in $$ if they had. Ah well, their loss for a few more minutes of my time.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was wincing in anticipation of staying here but when I arrived I was reassuringly surprised.

My boyfriend was already in Merritt and asked to see the room beforehand, he was shown room 6 and room 24. Both were basic but reasonable. We went for room 24 as there was a slight smell of food in room 6 but nothing intolerable if we hadn't had a choice. The shower was old and so the bath was marked but not dirty... we still wore flip flops just in case!

The sheets were clean and the bed was comfy. This place is old and obviously not the ritz... but based on our stay I wouldn't say it needed to be condemned as in other reviews. It's the cheapest motel in Merritt so I would say you get what you pay for!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2017

Where to start ! Lady at front desk speaks english to get your money and then cant when you want refund and says Why you make trouble . She sizes you up for what she can scam you for. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE. The rooms are nasty. We were there for a week and it was awful. Thank god we found a better motel. There is mould in bathrooms and the floor is so damaged from it that if you step in places you will go through the floor. This place should be condemned. They do not clean so be prepared to do your own cleaning. We also supplied our own toilet paper. Other people who stay there told us that they woke up in the night and found the owner in their room drunk... DO NOT stay here. BELIEVE THE REVIEWS they are all true ! If there are good ones im positive that it is the hotel owners who have written them. WIFI is the worst. Out of the week we were there the RCMP seemed to be called for some reason or another everyday ! I hazard a guess it is because people were trying to get a refund. This place should be shutdown It certainly is not worth the 130 a night she was trying to get from us. The quotes they give you on the phone to get you there are not true. This NO TELL MOTEL should not be on the travel sites..

Room Tip: call the health board
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2017

Where to start... Condemn this place please... the city should shut this down.. it's a definite fire hazard..... portable heaters used to heat the rooms... Fungus growing at the base of the tub and along the walls.... My children said that is the most disgusting place they have ever seen in their lives and they are both under the age of 10.. they should have little expectations at their age but they knew better.... I could go on and on but why bother.. reading the reviews tells me the city wont do anything anyways therefore my answer is... don't stop in Merritt whatsoever....PS WIFI didn't even work...

Room Tip: Light a match...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family