“Not A Bad Mickey D's”
Review of McDonald's

McDonald's
Ranked #10 of 11 Quick Bites in Merritt
Cuisines: Fast food
Description: From the Big Mac to the Quarter Pounder, we have been serving smiles and memories, coast-to-coast, since 1967.
Reviewed December 10, 2017

I have had a bit of a love/hate relationship with this chain of fast food restaurants. Nothing serious, I just haven't been much of a fan of the massive changes that have happened over the years when a Quarter Pounder with Cheese was actually a big burger and the Chicken McNuggets were moist and tasty. My wife and I were on our way home to Princeton following a day of vending in Lower Nicola. I suggested McDonald's for a fast grab 'n' go bag of road food. This little restaurant is pretty nifty, actually. We went right up to the counter after a fast stop in the washrooms. Brenda ordered medium fries, I ordered a 10-piece box of Chicken McNuggets. We also decided on the seasonal Peppermint Something-or-other Lattes and the person at the counter (I'm thinking she was a manager or shift boss) turned our orders into "meals" to save us a few bucks. We were impressed. We didn't even see the self-serve kiosks until after we had ordered as they are actually out of the way (thank you!) for those of us who like to talk to humans when we order food. We waited a few minutes and our order came up. We got in the car and hit the road. Brenda loved her fries and the McNuggets tasted liked beaks and feet just like I remembered them tasting the last time I ordered some. That's not meant to be a negative...they just aren't the way they used to be. As for the Merritt restaurant, it was really very clean, spotless inside and out. The washrooms were also well taken care of. Staff was friendly, helpful and cheerful. I'll stop here again, no problem. Thanks!

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed October 1, 2017

While on a bus tour we stopped at this location of McDonalds in Merrrit. After trying to figure out the self serve order menu, with no success, finally one of the attendants came over and lent a hand. She too had a problem, but after several minutes, finally a success. Personal one on one ordering way better and quicker. Food was hot and tasted okay.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed August 20, 2017

Driving the highway to Vancouver, stopped to fuel my vehicle and decided to use my seven sticker free beverage card at this MacDonalds franchise.Huge line-up, I waited my turn while reading a local newspaper.When at last getting to place my latte order,was told there would be a .35cent charge for vanilla syrup.Preceded to sit down and read another local paper and then a province newspaper before my drink was ready.It eventually arrived and had not been stirred.This franchise could do with some serious staff training, and hopefully turn their service skills in the right direction!

Date of visit: August 2017
3  Thank KimberleyJohn
Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

This is a great McDonald's, we've been all over Canada looking for a milkshake and here they are! The people were friendly and helpful, Sean and Kylie (?) especially. We were not rushed and it is a good stop to decide whether to go on to Hope or Kelowna!

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank 865louisel
Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

I can't quite call this a restaurant. Went through the drive through. They were quick to take my money but left me at the second window so long, I actually backed up because I thought I went ahead by mistake.

My order was wrong, but I'm not going back to correct it.

The egg/sausage on a bagel......egg undercooked with the white-runny.

I thought I'd try McDonald's cause I hadn't been there for a while. BIG MISTAKE. many more real restaurant s around. Don't make the same mistake.
Tip: check your order before you leave the window.

Date of visit: May 2017