“A great place to crash for the night”
Review of Royal Lodge Motel

Royal Lodge Motel
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Right across from a 24 hour macdonalds and a grocery store... perfect for travellers good price and very clean .... shower worked well... air conditioner worked but was a bit loud on high speed.

Host was very polite.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 August 2008

The night we stayed there it was very hot. We had a suite with 2 rooms for a reasonable price. The smaller room had an air conditioner but it cooled only the smaller room. The main room was hot but did cool off somewhat at night. The carpet was light blue and had dark stains in parts. Furniture was old and beat up. The bed was comfortable. The TV only worked for channels 2 to 13 as far as I could figure.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2008

Front desk people were polite, but when I said I had a reservation he took out a day planner with some scribbled message about my room. I thought this method was a bit outdated. Upon reservation I stated I had a pet and then when I went to check out he lectured me about not telling him the night before upon check in. Maybe you should learn to take better reservation and KNOW what can be expected that night. So instead of understanding HIS error, he charged me an additional $10 for the pet AND refused to charge it on my card but instead insisted on cash. I also thought that he needed a bit of practice with his English speaking skills.
I found the rooms adequate for a night, although I felt like the floor in the bathroom was going to collapse underneath my weight. This is a very old building that really needs some TLC.
Overall it was a bed for the night and it was a nice bed at that.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2007

Arrived with the Mrs looked around town this place had nice rooms with fridge microwave nice clean rooms. The manager was polite and helpful deserved a tip. this place had more stuff than the big name outfits most important the fellow was polite

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank graciousme
Reviewed 12 September 2007

We stayed in this motel in September found the front desk extremely polite and helpful. The beds were comfortable memory foam beds best night stay we had in a long time. We stayed in room 12 but checked a few other rooms they were same each had a fridge microwave and the TV was a fair size. Had a chat with the fellow in the front desk he said they were all new.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BrianVancouver
Reviewed 3 September 2007

I booked directly with this hotel. Had confirmation with me arriving on a Saturday night of a bank holiday weekend in August. Nice peole had sold my room despite confirmation. I asked him to look at confirmation email he had sent in response to my request for his preference of card to hold booking on. he had rteplied is confirmed no need. Nice fellow refused to look at confirmation email - rest of town booked out - not a very nice thing to do to someone travelling with children, thankfully not the standard customer service experience one finds in Canada thankfully!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank TIARLA
Reviewed 13 August 2007

This motel costs about $40 less per night than a chain hotel in Hope, which is reflected in the decor in the rooms. However, the rooms were clean and we had no problems staying there. There was also a very small kitchenette in the room, and a computer with free internet access for guests in the lobby.

Stayed: August 2007